Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    201608-Faustian-Part2-large.png

:laugh:

Your memecraft is a thing of beauty.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Spinning props, impacting and fragmenting metal, exploding fuel...it would have been a mess. Hitting a specific spot on the ground though...without guidance...maybe he wasn't that good of a pilot.

Angle of attack is a relative term related to how the aircraft is positioned in the air as it's moving. I agree that a high speed shallow ground angle crash would be devastating in a crowd.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ladies,

You do realize, don't you, that the "trade" for suppressors is a non-starter for the other side? Why would they bargain? They believe they have the tide of public opinion with them.

It would be a tempting bargain, but is really beyond an rational hope.

I think our hope is that this Republican dominated Congress continues to be incapable of doing anything​.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Meh, I get to play with M4's on occasion and have shot a UMP45 and an M14 before and full-auto is over rated. They are so desired because we can't have them (most of us anyway). Aimed fire is almost always superior, in rifle calibers anyway.
    But they are fun!
    the times I was able to attend the INGO NFA days at Lovemywoods place were some really fun times!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep. That's all society is anymore, though... varying trade-offs for people to score points against their ideological enemies. We don't like it, but we can be realistic and see when it's about to happen, and if it's worth fighting.

We do well when we fight for 2A as a whole. We've got statistics and arguments that are backed by truth. Enough so that people in power will continue to back them.

It's this small **** like bumpfire stocks that I don't see more than one or two politicians standing behind. If it becomes the argument, we will absolutely lose it. And yes, it won't make a bit of difference with regards to future risks/tragedies.

One inch at a time, is how we got where we are.
    When you give an inch, it DOESN'T stop.
    Just sets you up for the next demand.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you dig your way out of a hole?

I think of it more like a line... moving forward and back. Or the old cake comic, maybe we gain some cake that was taken previously.

How about this... Is it losing an inch, when we didn't even know we had it? Bumpfire stocks are a recent thing. A silly thing.

Imagine someone 3D prints a complex and seemingly pointless thing... and if you put it in your AR magazine, SUDDENLY IT'S FULL AUTO ZOMG!.... Would we be losing an inch if that were discovered and banned?

Banning sights, or grips, or slings, or rails... that feels like losing inches. Banning stupid toys, essentially, feels less significant.

Sounds like your wife describing dropping you and taking up with a new guy.

tenor.gif

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm all for having the conversation... but these ****ing journalists need to know what they're talking about before they hit "publish"

They don't care to know. And the "conversation" only happens when they are the only ones talking. If they admitted that they didn't know something, they couldn't talk down to gun owners.

Just read some of the comments on the pro article you posted. I read it yesterday, the author's opinion is invalid without a phd, was one that stuck out.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I like Laura, but you have to sift the same as any other talking head. (Don't even get me started on Dana and guns.:xmad:)

Ingram first discussed Hillary's rant about the NRA and silencers. She said "you cannot suppress an AR, the barrel will melt.":rolleyes:

Luckily, then she jumped back into her wheelhouse. Stating the correct premise of telling the dems to take their anti-gun argument to the next election. There will be no discussion of "gun safety":rolleyes: legislation.
    Yesterday she said the sheriff made a statement saying he didn't know if any of the guns were full auto. She said "I know guns, I can tell just looking at them (whether they are full auto or not)" , then was corrected by her guest.
    These "personalities" should stick to rearing their scripts. They can make themselves look pretty foolish when they start blabbing.
    Anyone remember when she said fu**ing on live radio? I laughed my ass off.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So earlier today there was a thread in a conspiracy sub showing a receipt from a user's uncle or something that works at the hotel... receipts showing that two people were in the room.

Problem? The comments pointed out holes in the dates, comparisons to real receipts, and things that didn't make sense about the story. I searched, and the thread is gone.

Infowars picked it up and pushed it, though... and now Ann Coulter is pushing it... and DRUDGE is pushing it.

Everyone just being played like idiots.

Top Bottom