Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Anyone find the girlfriends words to her family strange!?

'Relax, we shouldn't worry about it. I'll fix it. Do not panic. I have a clean conscience,'" Bustos told the outlet Wednesday morning.
    :shady:

where did you you find that?

edit: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...stephen-paddock-returns-u-s-article-1.3539817

Also, she could very easily have been telling her family don't worry, nothing will happen to us, I'll prove to the FBI I had no knowledge and was not involved.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Actually, the alarmist press coverage of a responsible group of people doing responsible things with dangerous tools might backfire (pardon the pun) on the MSM. I mean, those folks are generally really good ambassadors for us.

Yeah, not a big issue, but just something I'd like to get clarity on. (But, won't lose sleep over.) :)

I mean, they put a tac group near the door where they know he is to make sure he doesn't get out. Within a few minutes, without any more volleys forthcoming, they start to figure out the threat's probably been neutralized. Take the time to get civilians out of the floors underneath and above in case the place is rigged with explosives.

I suspect that, if shooter had continued shooting, the dynamic entry would've happened much sooner.

^^^Yeah, I'm definitely in agreement with you on this.^^^

Also, on the behalf of myself and my fellow Knob Creekers, thank you for the kind words.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Its sad that someone would offer up anti gun bils so often that you get confused over which is the current one.

And I heard the starting on the 29th floor was due to bad intel by someone who rushed and couldnt count how many floors were below the broken window. (not throwing stones, I have been known to miscount myself)
    Not me... One... that's it. That's all there is of myself. ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ban gun safes

DLT_r2sU8AIga__.jpg:small

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ban gun safes

that is too extreme. Maybe just require that they are digitally locked can only be unlocked remotely by the ATF after you submit a request for safe opening and state your reasons why you need it open. Due to requiring original signature and notary stamp it will have to be done on paper, and expect a 9 month turnaround. The unlock code will only be active for sixty seconds and notice will be sent no earlier than 24 hours ahead of scheduled unlock time via US Mail.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    As a gun enthusiast, I am in that same group.

But, as a gun rights enthusiast, I know that I have to defend this segment, even though I don't particularly like it.

When they came for bumpstocks, I did nothing because I didn't have bumpstocks....

^^^100% this!!!^^^

Heck, I have registered transferable MGs and have both the money and desire to add more to my collection, but I still don't want bumpstocks thrown under the bus. Rights and principles matter above all.

Just throwing this out there - would you trade bumpstocks becoming a grandfathered NFA item if supressors were removed?

Personally, yes, if legislation starts moving and things are looking grim. I would prefer not to give an inch at all, but trading away one inch here for gaining one inch there isn't too bad a deal all things considered.

But doing that without grandfathering would be a complete non-starter for me.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'd love to see a stronger campaign by pro-gun people in the limelight to call attention to the suppressor red herring.

It's so easily debunked. They bring the dB down to just below the point of damaging your hearing. But people reading anti-gun crap on it think it's a James Bond movie plip plip

yes, and as I said here*, most of what you hear on the receiving end isn't the gun shot, it's the bullet. a silencer wouldn't have mattered at all in this instance given the distance involved. It would have been the difference between a big jack hammer and a smaller jackhammer from 1/8 to 1/4 mile away...

*https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-under-those-circumstances-5.html#post7256987

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    that is too extreme. Maybe just require that they are digitally locked can only be unlocked remotely by the ATF after you submit a request for safe opening and state your reasons why you need it open. Due to requiring original signature and notary stamp it will have to be done on paper, and expect a 9 month turnaround. The unlock code will only be active for sixty seconds and notice will be sent no earlier than 24 hours ahead of scheduled unlock time via US Mail.

Safes need be under NFA, form 23 to open a safe on a trust :abused:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had typed a similar thought, but I'd let them ban the silly gadgets outright, no grandfathering, for suppressors coming off the NFA.

I didn't hit post because I thought it might be seen as giving an inch and make me flunk the INGO ideology purity test.;)

I was concerned about that also. That's why I went with the red print to not be mistaken.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On what I said earlier

Everyone in this picture has the same ideology, picked the same people to lead the country, and use their platform to lecture the everyday American.

These are the people guiding the social hive mind.

DLQlzhVXoAE59bv.jpg:small

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've already compromised on:
    - National Firearms Act
    - Federal Firearms Act
    - Safe Streets Act
    - Gun Control Act
    - Firearm Owners Protection Act
    - Undetectable Firearms Act
    - Gun-Free School Zones Act
    - Brady Act
    - and any number of state and local ordinances.

I think I've compromised enough. Considering, the "other side's" version of compromise it to simple take more and more.

So, while "bump stocks" may be more a gimmick, the anti-freedom folks can put a cork in it. I'm not interested.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've already compromised on:
    - National Firearms Act
    - Federal Firearms Act
    - Safe Streets Act
    - Gun Control Act
    - Firearm Owners Protection Act
    - Undetectable Firearms Act
    - Gun-Free School Zones Act
    - Brady Act
    - and any number of state and local ordinances.

I think I've compromised enough. Considering, the "other side's" version of compromise it to simple take more and more.

So, while "bump stocks" may be more a gimmick, the anti-freedom folks can put a cork in it. I'm not interested.

Waiting for someone to post the cake comic....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    And with a full load of fuel, at a high angle of attack, Im sure you could do MUCH more devastation at this type of outdoor venue. The only problem would be identifying everything in the dark. 2500lbs of aluminum would make a mess out of a crowd like that.

(had to delete my description because it made me sick to my stomach)

(also a former pilot)

Impact angle maybe?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    No way to ban gun safes! But, what about registration???????? Information for use at a later date???????????

Then it's time for all of us to get together for a gun exchange BBQ. Eat some good food, trade guns...then claim a massive boating accident. Nothing tracked to anyone involved DL and LTCH to keep it all legal (as of today!). But if that is the extent we are going to then further discussion would violate rules of INGO.

Top Bottom