Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Guy at work is convinced this attack is tied to the Nov 4 "purge"
    He is an avid Alex Jones follower and chews with his mouth open!

I'm awaiting evidence, but I heard through the grapevine long before the Alex Jones/InfoWars BS that ANTIFA material was found in the hotel room. I have no evidence, just saying I heard it before it hit the conspiracy sites. It may be nothing or it may be something. Also heard that a person visited him at the hotel days before the shooting. I'm awaiting evidence on that too...possible second person of interest (i.e. - not the girlfriend, who by the way does have a shady past).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    OK. After further review I will grant your wish.
    As you stayed glued to the thread for near an hour after you grand exit I see this as no great loss to the Forum.

Be well.

58 posts since 2013...obviously didn't spend much time here anyway and only came back to insult INGO. Well :ingo:, and take the nearest EXit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm awaiting evidence, but I heard through the grapevine long before the Alex Jones/InfoWars BS that ANTIFA material was found in the hotel room. I have no evidence, just saying I heard it before it hit the conspiracy sites. It may be nothing or it may be something. Also heard that a person visited him at the hotel days before the shooting. I'm awaiting evidence on that too...possible second person of interest (i.e. - not the girlfriend, who by the way does have a shady past).

It would jive with the apparent footage of him protesting Trump in a p**** hat that is floating around.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    58 posts since 2013...obviously didn't spend much time here anyway and only came back to insult INGO. Well :ingo:, and take the nearest EXit.
    We must hereafter refer to this event as the Exbritexit. I'm not sure exexbritit will make it past the censor.

ETA:
    Well, whadayaknow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...My opinion, FWIW, is that legislation would make existing bumpfire stocks and gat-cranks (and possibly binary triggers) some sort of NFA registered and regulated item. Think of an amnesty registration period similar to what happened in the early 90s with certain shotguns that the ATF made Destructive Devices. The difference in this case is that legislation will have to be passed before anything happens...and the legislative process is quite messy. No one knows where this rabbit hole would go, but if logic prevails (LOL!) one would think that amnesty and registration would be the easiest path since it has been done before. God help us, this is going to be a mess if anything actually moves forward.

That's their job. We don't have any choice but to let them do that. No one wants to be in this position, but it will calm their rhetoric and it might actually expose some 2A traitors on our side.

We shouldn't give an inch. Still can't help but think offering to trade those silly gadgets going on to the NFA for suppressors coming off might open positive silencer dialog. :dunno:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I believe I havent missed more than 5 pages in this discussion and I did not see this touched on.

From everything I read it took police 72 minutes from his first shot unit the time he was taken down. To me this sounds like an awfully long time, am I wrong? And the guy was not firing for 72 minutes, what the heck was he doing up there?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to see a stronger campaign by pro-gun people in the limelight to call attention to the suppressor red herring.

It's so easily debunked. They bring the dB down to just below the point of damaging your hearing. But people reading anti-gun crap on it think it's a James Bond movie plip plip

wJ8MOJP.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Giving ground is no longer an option, they will take it and start on more. They will never willingly walk back what they have taken, the end goal is to take it all.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It's another Feinstein anti-gun bill...it's going nowhere.

Normally I would agree, but the below fact concerns me.

Representative Bill Flores (R-Texas) just called for a ban on bumpfire stocks. Flores, himself, is a gun owner. Lot of tweets calling this common sense...

NY Post journo Seth Mandel: "Pro-gun folks should want this too. If it passes, it shows that a focus on mechanics, not scary looks, of guns is what matters."

If anything gets scheduled for a vote in any committee, we as gun owners need to respond ASAP. At a minimum I would suggest inserting language to create an NFA amnesty registration period for currently possessed items...but I would prefer not to give another inch on our rights at all. Stay vigilant folks, anything could be inserted into such a bill!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe I havent missed more than 5 pages in this discussion and I did not see this touched on.

From everything I read it took police 72 minutes from his first shot unit the time he was taken down. To me this sounds like an awfully long time, am I wrong? And the guy was not firing for 72 minutes, what the heck was he doing up there?
    Yeah, I came back to it earlier today.

Shooter sent 12 or so volleys downrange in about 10 minutes. Uniformed security guard came to the room to check on the smoke detector and loud noises. Shooter shot him through the door, injuring him. Shooter then turned a gun on himself.

It was an hour later that SWAT busted down that particular door.

One thing I read, but didn't find substantiation for, was that they started a room-to-room search on the 29th floor before going to the 32nd, where they knew the guy was. Haven't gotten clarity on that part of the timeline.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, I came back to it earlier today.

Shooter sent 12 or so volleys downrange in about 10 minutes. Uniformed security guard came to the room to check on the smoke detector and loud noises. Shooter shot him through the door, injuring him. Shooter then turned a gun on himself.

It was an hour later that SWAT busted down that particular door.

One thing I read, but didn't find substantiation for, was that they started a room-to-room search on the 29th floor before going to the 32nd, where they knew the guy was. Haven't gotten clarity on that part of the timeline.

Doesn't sound unreasonable. Once the shooter location is identified, he couldn't easily exit the room. Starting a search on nearby floors probably a good idea, but I missed the Holiday Inn exit and had to stay in a Ramada.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    JAL, I have noticed an influx of slide/bump fire stocks for sale as well as binary triggers. As gun owners we often don't do ourselves any favors.

Much like the left that "never let a good tragedy go to waste" to further their agenda. Some in "our" camp do the same, with "oh boy I can get rich" selling stocks and triggers based on a perceived fear that they will be made illegal.

I forgot to mention an expectation that Tannerite (a trademarked prodcut) and anything similar to end up being banned as well. There has been mention of the perp having some amount of it in his home(s) plus some untold amount of ammonium nitrate found in the vehicle. The sheriff describes it as "explosives". Regarding firearms owners not doing themselves favors, we have the YouTube videos of escalation in how many pounds of the stuff is detonated at once. He who blows up the largest amount wins. One of the latest I saw was "164 lbs of Tannerite Kills a Barn". There was also the story recently posted here about several pounds used to blow up a garden tractor, a piece of which amputated the shooter's leg. What was intended to be used for making targets in small quantities has been abused.

Just because one can doesn't mean one should. That principle all too often gets lost, in more ways than with weapons and explosives.

John

P.S.
    Random thoughts: Knob Creek will be held in just over a week. I can only wonder the level of national news attention it will attract with all the ant-gun fanatics shrieking about the culture it fosters. It has gone by in the past without any news media attention that I've seen. Cannot imagine it will fly under national news media radar this time.
    :popcorn:

Top Bottom