Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    In my opinion, the most impactful thing that could be done to prevent future mass killers would be for the media to go to total blackouts of these killers names.

Stop printing their names, their manifestos, their sad back story, all of it. Stick to reporting on the incident, not the killer. Depriving them of the noteriety they seek would actually make an impact. Of course we know the media would never do it though.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Have you guys seen the video's of the shots being fired from the 12th floor?

Hotel Guest Next Door To Las Vegas Shooter Saw 'Multiple Gunmen' [VIDEO] - Midnight in the Desert

Of course the videos don't work. I get this, which is BS because I set up my computer and network and phone and nothing is blocked

Videos work fine for me...but they don't show gunfire. You can see the light continuing to flash after the sounds stops. And the genius narrator saying "notice the light is off with the sound because he's filming from a distance". Erm yeah...there's no distance that sounds covers faster than light einstein.

The interview is odd too - I saw a video of that guy being interviewed by someone else earlier today, and he didn't say any of that stuff. Just said he was in the room next door, you never know, isn't it crazy etc. etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, otherwise it would already be an NFA item.

But, try to explain that to someone who dosent know the mechanics of it.
    I explained it today to a coworker. He accepted it and seemed to be on the side of “meh”, in terms of needing gun control to try to prevent these things. But then he’s not a gun control zealot who is only trying to find an angle to get more gun control. He was open to understanding it.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I have yet to see any muzzle flash footage. Perhaps I missed it but all the footage I have seen that clearly showed the side of the building showed no muzzle flashes. I wonder if the guy was dead before "he" killed all those people?

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What makes you say that? He had a limited amount of time to fire. More bullets likely means more hits. Presumably that's why machine guns exist and are so popular.

People ignore the distinction between full-auto and slide fire stocks because it's an irrelevant one as far as their concerns go: they both give you similar rates of fire.
    Because a semi auto rifle can be fired pretty darn fast with simply a healthy trigger finger. In addition the shot placement would have likely been better. Thus my expectation is a similar amount of injuries/deaths.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Some images leaked from inside the hotel. Not the sanitized media ones, but ones showing his bloodied face from eating a bullet.

If you want to see the one with his head blown off with what looks like a S&W 637, you can change the relevant part of one of the below URLs to "DLPRAErVYAADCYb". It's definitely gory

Yes, gory. I think it would be a solid deterrent to this type of behavior if he, as his father did years before when faced with law enforcement, had surrendered.

THEN we would televise and stream his days long torture until death.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So what if we had a multipart solution -
    1) regulate all attachments that increase rate of fire to be like high rate of fire original equipment. Bump stocks and cranks would then be regulated like machine guns. This would address one of the factors in the Vegas shooting.
    2) pass nationwide reciprocity to address shootings like the congressional shooting.

I think it will take specific changes to address specific situations. Not generalizations

anyone got got any other ideas?

No NO NO.

We do nothing on emotion. Nothing.

The anti's can submit these things to their legislators. They can run their election on gun control in 2018 and see how that goes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To what end? What will the politician do with the ATF records?

Myself, I would be worried about supplying the database for something like this

The Australia Gun Control Fallacy

You simply cannot praise Australia’s gun-laws without praising the country’s mass confiscation program. That is Australia’s law. When the Left says that we should respond to shootings as Australia did, they don’t mean that we should institute background checks on private sales; they mean that they we should ban and confiscate guns. No amount of wooly words can change this. Again, one doesn’t bring up countries that have confiscated firearms as a shining example unless one wishes to push the conversation toward confiscation.

Top Bottom