Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do we have a breakdown of how many victims were shot vs how many were injured/killed in the stampedes?

Those numbers might help before we start allowing emotions to soften our resolve on hardware?

We give an inch, they'll take a mile. They are already lined up to do it. Easy to forget the TEN YEARS we went without modern sporting rifles...

Im missing what difference it would make. I image that most of those dead are from gunshot wounds, and the head doctor said most of those injured were from gunshot wounds. So even if it was (from firearm injuries) 25 dead, 250 wounded, the difference is negligible. I mean what are you going to say "only x many were killed and wounded from the actual gun, the rest were from the panic."

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I think if this dude is in Hell he got a high five from Satan and Jeffery Damier is showing him around.
    The he will have dinner with Hitler and marx later !

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If he’s in hell, it’s probably impossible to talk to him. The strings between the cups would burn.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does CNN only hire liberal homosexuals to report their news? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

trzDY36.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Already heard on WOWO news that the usual suspects are lining up with their "gun control" legislation. Trump said that they would be talking about trying to do something on this....here we go again. You can bet that the laws will change on "attachments" to standard semi-auto rifles, that give them the ability to fire multiple shots with one pull of the trigger.

With a bumpfire stock the trigger is being pulled for each individual shot. Bumpfire/slidefire doesn't make a rifle fire multiple shots with 1 pull of the trigger

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    With a bumpfire stock the trigger is being pulled for each individual shot. Bumpfire/slidefire doesn't make a rifle fire multiple shots with 1 pull of the trigger

Yes, otherwise it would already be an NFA item.

But, try to explain that to someone who dosent know the mechanics of it.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Yes, I'm sure the people calling for more restrictions would completely change their minds if they only understood that the rate of fire they're so terrified of is achieved by a slightly different mechanism than the other one they never heard of.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, I'm sure the people calling for more restrictions would completely change their minds if they only understood that the rate of fire they're so terrified of is achieved by a slightly different mechanism than the other one they never heard of.

Purple, lots of purple right?

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    So what if we had a multipart solution -
    1) regulate all attachments that increase rate of fire to be like high rate of fire original equipment. Bump stocks and cranks would then be regulated like machine guns. This would address one of the factors in the Vegas shooting.
    2) pass nationwide reciprocity to address shootings like the congressional shooting.

I think it will take specific changes to address specific situations. Not generalizations

anyone got got any other ideas?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So what if we had a multipart solution -
    1) regulate all attachments that increase rate of fire to be like high rate of fire original equipment. Bump stocks and cranks would then be regulated like machine guns. This would address one of the factors in the Vegas shooting.
    2) pass nationwide reciprocity to address shootings like the congressional shooting.

I think it will take specific changes to address specific situations. Not generalizations

anyone got got any other ideas?

Yeah. Those ideas can eff right the eff off.

The gun control crowd is that way - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Did I say stupid things when I was a Plinker?

Oh, :poop:, I still say stoopid things.

Top Bottom