Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    View attachment 59630

Nope....not going to say it.

giphy.gif

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It sounds like an unsubstantiated and irrational fear of the unknown. There is not a shred of evidence that this is even a likely outcome. Let's not kid ourselves, you are "registering" yourself with every 4473 you fill out. It only makes it to the ATF when the business shutters. The ATF HAS the information, it's laughable to believe that digitizing the records of defunct businesses could lead to mass confiscation...it's irrational. It's just as irrational as the left's fear of "assault rifles".

It's not totally unsubstantiated and unknown based on world history (Australia, GB)
    and in general, when I have called 4473s a registration, "ingo" has shot it down... because I guess it being hard to use and on paper and incomplete makes it less of a registry. I argue it just makes it a poor one...

And for a registration to be complete, say goodbye to private sales.

just as liberty trumps personal safety, it also trumps how hard/easy it is for LE to do their job...

2c

-rvb

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Tin foil hat on: This guy was probably blackmailed that if he doesn't carry out this plan, his family and love one would pay the price. He's the perfect candidate for this considering he's a loner and no criminal history.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you are buying your own ammo, I'll give you an alternative: Take $1,000 in $1 bills and hold them out the window whilst driving at 65 MPH.

Only place you can spend money faster is in an expensive gentleman's club, and that would depend on the caliber.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't know if anyone is interested in stuff like this, as the thread seems to be going in a certain direction...but I had a look at some videos of the same hotel room, and it looks like the leaked pics of the 2 rifles are legit. The carpet and one of the armchairs are a perfect match.

First pictures reveal 'guns used by Stephen Paddock in Las Vegas massacre'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0DluEQvs6I

shooter_hotel_room_1.jpg

I can't tell what the big red and white thing is next to the chair, but it doesn't appear to be anything from the hotel.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It CAN go that way, unless the store went out of business and shipped all their files to the ATF. They are only allowed to store the boxes of files. They have so many that they have to store them in shipping containers. It's nearly impossible to find the files since there are so many to search through. It's so cumbersome that we (my dept) can rarely trace guns even used is homicides (if they are not in NCIC as being stolen) or it can take a year or 2 to get the information. It's really a dumb problem born out of fear.

It's not anyone's business if I own firearms. It's as simple as that. It's not fear. It's a matter of "your business/not your business". You don't need it just so it's more convenient for you to investigate.

I'm very comfortable using the "need" argument when it's authority vs personal liberty of citizens. What do you do when the gun has changed private hands umpteen times? Do all those sales need to be recorded too?

Top Bottom