Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ALL. OF. THEM.

DLNsHAYV4AA1-k9.jpg:small

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Tom Brokaw on the Today Show advocating for a national conversation on getting rid of these military style weapons. He seems to think gun owners are going to change their minds and come forward to say guns have gone too far with these type rifles.

It seems like we have that "debate" or conversation after every shooting. And, at least so far, the answer has always been NO. But I guess that doesn't matter to "liberals"....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Tom Brokaw on the Today Show advocating for a national conversation on getting rid of these military style weapons. He seems to think gun owners are going to change their minds and come forward to say guns have gone too far with these type rifles.

It seems like we have that "debate" or conversation after every shooting. And, at least so far, the answer has always been NO. But I guess that doesn't matter to "liberals"....

Yeah...I thought we had this debate after Sandy Hook?

Maybe Tom's long term memory is failing.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Anytime I say something remotely conservative or libertarian to a liberal, they say something like "you been watching too much Fox News!"
    I haven't had television service for years so whatever....

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Anytime I say something remotely conservative or libertarian to a liberal, they say something like "you been watching too much Fox News!"

I sure enjoyed watching Tucker give the liberals hell last night on Fox news.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Local, NBC, channel 13, Indy, said,

Since the NRA, WON'T let the Congress have a computer database, of all firearm sales,

The FBI, has to go to a warehouse, in Va., and hand sort every sale .....

I thought they just called the mfg., with the serial #, and they could find out,

where the gun was sold, and then look at the 4473 .....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    POTUS was asked about gun legislation this morning, says "We'll be talking about gun laws as time goes by," and indicates now is not the time to discuss it. When pressed on suppressors, he said "We'll talk about that later."

Sounds like just saying something to get them to shut up, hopefully. No discussion is needed on suppressors, as they had absolutely nothing to do with this. It's only being talked about because people want to take advantage of any gun-related tragedy to block pending legislation of suppressors that's already on the table... that, and Hillary Clinton brought it up, unprovoked, in relation to the shooting.

C'mon man. I could use a laugh.

This was a pretty unique concert. 22,000 fans went to see Jason Aldean... and 59 of them got to meet Tom Petty after the show.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So my spouse isn't exactly a gun person. My father in law has always had guns and is a hunter, but that didn't really get passed down. Apropos to this discussion, the fact that shooter modified the guns (last night it was reported that they were illegally modified) made a huge difference as to whether any new gun laws should be passed. The attitude was "if someone's going to modify the legal guns, there isn't much you can do to stop them."

To me, that is progress. :) It is but a half step away from "deranged people are going to derange."

And, I keep coming back to the sentiment that, while this is a terrible, words-are-not-enough-to-describe kind of tragedy, it isn't as emotionally compelling as Sandy Hook. I suspect the gun-ban rhetoric will fade away even more quickly now (although bumpfire stock are going to have issues).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This was a pretty unique concert. 22,000 fans went to see Jason Aldean... and 59 of them got to meet Tom Petty after the show.
    OMG.

That's f'n hysterical.

ETA:
    The late night talk show-inspired rep humor police refuse to let me rep you for it. Bastiges.

Last edited:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

Since the NRA, WON'T let the Congress have a computer database, of all firearm sales,

I thought they just called the mfg., with the serial #, and they could find out,

where the gun was sold, and then look at the 4473 .....

Everything is the NRAs fault

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Did you spask how much CNN they're watching?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    POTUS was asked about gun legislation this morning, says "We'll be talking about gun laws as time goes by," and indicates now is not the time to discuss it. When pressed on suppressors, he said "We'll talk about that later."

Sounds like just saying something to get them to shut up, hopefully. No discussion is needed on suppressors, as they had absolutely nothing to do with this. It's only being talked about because people want to take advantage of any gun-related tragedy to block pending legislation of suppressors that's already on the table... that, and Hillary Clinton brought it up, unprovoked, in relation to the shooting.

Does it make me a bad person if I chucled at that? Well, until I realized the timing was probably wrong.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Perhaps they can put Equifax in charge of the gun database.

I sure hope the NRA has some tight security on their database. Sadly they are so focused on raising money and selling crap I would imagine the Marketing department takes priority over the security department.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So my spouse isn't exactly a gun person. My father in law has always had guns and is a hunter, but that didn't really get passed down. Apropos to this discussion, the fact that shooter modified the guns (last night it was reported that they were illegally modified) made a huge difference as to whether any new gun laws should be passed. The attitude was "if someone's going to modify the legal guns, there isn't much you can do to stop them."

To me, that is progress. :) It is but a half step away from "deranged people are going to derange."

And, I keep coming back to the sentiment that, while this is a terrible, words-are-not-enough-to-describe kind of tragedy, it isn't as emotionally compelling as Sandy Hook. I suspect the gun-ban rhetoric will fade away even more quickly now (although bumpfire stock are going to have issues).

might still cause a blip in gun sales. For sure bumpfire stocks. And of course maybe a small run on 22LR.

I've learned from Sandy hook though. I think I'm up to 12K rounds of 22. That's good for a few range trips.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kimmel, Colbert, Myers and the fat british guy all whined last night and demanded that congress do something.

They didn't offer any suggestions, though.

I remember when late night shows were funny, and not paid shills.

Kimmel used to be pretty neutral until recently. He's just turned into a political hack.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps they can put Equifax in charge of the gun database.

I sure hope the NRA has some tight security on their database. Sadly they are so focused on raising money and selling crap I would imagine the Marketing department takes priority over the security department.

Judging from some of the fear mongering emails I get, I imagine their marketing department consists of one person to send out the emails, and Alex Jones on contract to write the content.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Does it make me a bad person if I chucled at that? Well, until I realized the timing was probably wrong.
    It's only "wrong" because society says you're not allowed to find humor in the face of a tragedy for fear it might minimize the emotional impact. Yet it is perfectly acceptable to play up the items that make it more emotionally impactful.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kimmel, Colbert, Myers and the fat british guy all whined last night and demanded that congress do something.

They didn't offer any suggestions, though.

I remember when late night shows were funny, and not paid shills.

Kimmel used to be pretty neutral until recently. He's just turned into a political hack.

A few years ago, Fox had a show, The Half-Hour News Hour I think it was called. I thought it was hilarious. It poked fun at liberals, in a not-so-Sandra-B sort of vitriolic way. Too bad everything is oriented that particular direction.

Top Bottom