Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Infinite Capacity - Surgical Accuracy: The M240 SLR from Ohio Ordnance Works, Inc.

I was speaking of this !

The M249 has a distinct sound and fires at 800 to 1000rpm way faster than the audio from that attack!

The old ones were 650-850 rpm, but when they did away with the adjustable gas regulator, they were factory set at 650. I actually thought the cadence was pretty close to a 240. But a 240 is very regular, like a sewing machine. But some folks don't press the trigger like they are supposed to, and the sear catches occasionally.

I kind of thought the supersonic crack was too high pitched to be 7.62, and sounded a lot like being down range of 5.56, but that was on crappy cell phone audio.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It never ceases to amuse me that people think their personal favorite country musicians are the full, entire definition of what country music is. It seems to happen a lot more frequently with country music than any other genre for some odd reason.

Strait, Black(WTH, of his 10 or so hits all but one are border line pop and the one exception is his cover of the Eagle's Desperado) and Travis are no Don Williams, Ronnie Milsap or Conway Twitty.

Williams, Milsap, and Twitty are no Kenny Rogers, Charlie Pride, or Glen Campbell.

Rogers, Pride, Campbell are no Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, or Jerry Lee Lewis.

Cash, Jennings and Lewis were no Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, or George Jones.

Robbins, Horton, and Jones were no Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lefty Frizzell, or Hank Williams.

It seems every popular country star is considered to be pop or rock in his day.
    Well. I don't fault y'all for liking country music. To each his own. I like country rock, but I don't care at all for the twangy stuff.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It never ceases to amuse me that people think their personal favorite country musicians are the full, entire definition of what country music is. It seems to happen a lot more frequently with country music than any other genre for some odd reason.

Strait, Black(WTH, of his 10 or so hits all but one are border line pop and the one exception is his cover of the Eagle's Desperado) and Travis are no Don Williams, Ronnie Milsap or Conway Twitty.

Williams, Milsap, and Twitty are no Kenny Rogers, Charlie Pride, or Glen Campbell.

Rogers, Pride, Campbell are no Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, or Jerry Lee Lewis.

Cash, Jennings and Lewis were no Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, or George Jones.

Robbins, Horton, and Jones were no Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lefty Frizzell, or Hank Williams.

It seems every popular country star is considered to be pop or rock in his day.
    I listen to the Bluegrass channel on Sirius and you have no idea what they seem to think is Bluegrass these days....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why is there never anyone on those shows who can say, um, we don’t restrict rights only to what people need in this country. People don’t NEED doggie style. So why not restrict it to missionary style?

Uhhhh..... you drinking this morning Jamil?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, the ammo cost would kill ya....

Yup...if I had one, I'd probably have fun the first few boxes before it'd kick in how fast I was burning through my stockpile and that'd probably be the last time I'd get it out. That is, until they started talking about banning them. Then my rebel mode would likely kick in :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yup...if I had one, I'd probably have fun the first few boxes before it'd kick in how fast I was burning through my stockpile and that'd probably be the last time I'd get it out. That is, until they started talking about banning them. Then my rebel mode would likely kick in :D
    I can understand that. If I knew for sure I could **** off some liberals, I would probably get one now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why is there never anyone on those shows who can say, um, we don’t restrict rights only to what people need in this country. People don’t NEED doggie style. So why not restrict it to missionary style?

Because Napolitano can't be on 24/7. I think he's one of the few such creatures roaming Fox studios.

FoxNews is dangerous to conservatives. Consume it with caution.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Tom Brokaw on the Today Show advocating for a national conversation on getting rid of these military style weapons. He seems to think gun owners are going to change their minds and come forward to say guns have gone too far with these type rifles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because Napolitano can't be on 24/7. I think he's one of the few such creatures roaming Fox studios.

FoxNews is dangerous to conservatives. Consume it with caution.
    Honestly I haven't watched Fox news since before Bolling got into trouble. But yeah. They are the Fudds of cable news.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Tom Brokaw on the Today Show advocating for a national conversation on getting rid of these military style weapons. He seems to think gun owners are going to change their minds and come forward to say guns have gone too far with these type rifles.

Well...what's-his-name-from-that-country-music-band-nobody-ever-heard-of did the other day, so that's one.

Oh, and don't forget about the hoards of certain shot gunners, deer hunters, and other assorted fudds and butters out there...they'll roll over on us in the blink of an eye.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well...what's-his-name-from-that-country-music-band-nobody-ever-heard-of did the other day, so that's one.

Oh, and don't forget about the hoards of certain shot gunners, deer hunters, and other assorted fudds and butters out there...they'll roll over on us in the blink of an eye.

Funny but it seems whenever someone says "common sense" all the people without any come running.

Top Bottom