Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    These guys need to use their google-fu and remind themselves of the biggest mass murders in history. But people are short-sighted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

David890 would have been a better example. Lots of Fudds in the gun community. Maybe he was a Fudd. Or he may very well have been a solid pro2a guy. It’s not like the fact of being pro 2a makes one incapable of also being a mass murderer. It probably doesn’t really matter. To my inlaws they’re sure he’s one of those stereotypical alt-right wingnut gun crazies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Late night "comedians" weighing in with their gun control agenda:

[video=youtube;ruYeBXudsds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds[/video]

[video=youtube;tL4_fZl-CwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=tL4_fZl-CwY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So Fox News just had Rob O'Neil on and according to his navy seals expertise, people don't need bump fire stocks and automatic weapons....there's just no need for it. And the news chick is nodding in apparent agreement.

He also said a semi automatic can be converted to full auto in 4-6 minutes if you know what you're doing. I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing.

Why is there never anyone on those shows who can say, um, we don’t restrict rights only to what people need in this country. People don’t NEED doggie style. So why not restrict it to missionary style?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Once again proving that legislating morality is impossible. Best thing that could be done in response to this event is allow prayer back in schools.
    Whose prayer.

Okay kids. Get yer rugs out. Don’t forget, Mecca is that-a-way. You want your kids praying at school, there’s plenty of time before and after and breaks in between. They shouldn’t be prohibited from praying on heir own time, but making a sanctioned school exercise of it is beyond the scope and authority of public schools.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It isn't the job of our schools and teachers to teach morality or religion. That is our job as parents.

Religion? Absolutely not. Basic human decency, morality, if you will? Primarily the parents' job, but all of society, including schools to an extent.

...and every law is an expression of someone's morality. Anyhoo, that's not what this topic is about and prayer in schools, etc., would not have prevented this.

As for bumpfire? I don't like any new laws. I don't like any new restrictions...but don't start thinking these things are a necessity of life just because there is ban talk.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why is there never anyone on those shows who can say, um, we don’t restrict rights only to what people need in this country. People don’t NEED doggie style. So why not restrict it to missionary style?

Now hold on just a minute there...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don't see any INGO'ers (or rush-to-50s) taking advantage of the bumpfire hype in the classifieds yet...
    If they pass a law on them, it will be to outlaw them. If they don't pass a law, I didn't want one before and don't really want one now.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Well Aldean ain't George Strait, Clint Black, or Randy Travis that's for sure.

It never ceases to amuse me that people think their personal favorite country musicians are the full, entire definition of what country music is. It seems to happen a lot more frequently with country music than any other genre for some odd reason.

Strait, Black(WTH, of his 10 or so hits all but one are border line pop and the one exception is his cover of the Eagle's Desperado) and Travis are no Don Williams, Ronnie Milsap or Conway Twitty.

Williams, Milsap, and Twitty are no Kenny Rogers, Charlie Pride, or Glen Campbell.

Rogers, Pride, Campbell are no Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, or Jerry Lee Lewis.

Cash, Jennings and Lewis were no Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, or George Jones.

Robbins, Horton, and Jones were no Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lefty Frizzell, or Hank Williams.

It seems every popular country star is considered to be pop or rock in his day.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    After reading most of the posts I can only say I am embarrassed by so many of the comments. Some just plain idiocy, some thoughtful, some written in shock. But the general tone is not one I wish to be associated with.
    Still so very little real detail available, yet so many opinions and even smart A.. callous remarks! I checked my other forum and the thread about the disaster was not allowed to deteriorate to the level of this one. The moderator shut it down after a few posts.
    I may be a Hoosier but this forum is definitely not for me!
    What we really witnessed last night was the deaths of 59 People. Fathers, Mothers, Kids, Brothers and Sisters REAL PEOPLE! Back up and read some of the comments yourself. The responses do real Indiana gun owners an injustice.
    Mods, You can disable my Log In at any time. After this excuse for a discussion, I won’t be back!
    Don’t bother with snotty responses, I wont see them.

Where's the "I'm leaving because. . . ." thread? This guy's full of. . .himself!:n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they pass a law on them, it will be to outlaw them. If they don't pass a law, I didn't want one before and don't really want one now.

I wouldn't mind having one. It'd be fun to play with but Ima cheapskate and don't want to pay good money for one...not t mention the cost of the ammo.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And how how the hell does Aldean scurry off stage without giving the crowd a "get the hell out of here?"

Through the accounts that I've read and heard, snippets here and there. it appears to me that the first to fall were directly in front of the stage during the first seconds while the music was still playing... indicating that the gunman was targeting the stage, and likely Aldean, but between the distance and rapid/automatic firing, was not able to hit the performer. We may find out in the long run if the stage is stippled with bullet holes.

So, if you think that you are brave enough, in an unthinkable and terrifying instant, to both be cognizant of what is happening and to stand on stage while bullets dance around you to make a public announcement, then kudos to you. I sincerely hope your belief is never put to the test.

Regardless, to expect that level of instant bravery (foolhardiness?) from an entertainer, is beyond the pale, IMO.

BTW, I have seen cell phone video that appears early, when many people were still standing and were still questioning and arguing with each other if it was real or not, that had a PA announcement of "Gunshots! Gunshots! Everybody get down!" No idea when this was exactly, but it appeared "early" as many were standing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom