Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    So much on the Vegas mass shooting last night. I'm gonna post a few things but not all at once since I don't want to bore people to death.

I might've been in Vegas at the time of the shooting, were it not for the NHL. Coming from California I was an LA Kings season seat holder until I moved. Die hard Kings fan back to the early 80's. For the past 20 or so seasons the Kings would play a preseason game in Vegas, an event called "Frozen Fury." Basically an excuse to go to Vegas. With the Vegas Golden Knights expansion team entering the league this year, Frozen Fury is now a thing of the past. Had the NHL not expanded, Frozen Fury would have occurred, likely this past weekend. I usually stayed Downtown or Off-Strip but occasionally would go to the Strip. Interesting. And being a country music fan I might've even gone to the concert.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not to detract from their service, but why does this need to be pointed out? There are stories of plain old regular people doing the same thing. It's like were talking about two different classes of people.
    Blyleven, who is the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Bert Blyleven, said he has no formal medical training but that he felt obligated to do whatever he could to save lives.
    “I just felt like I had to,” said Blyleven, who estimated that he may have helped about 30 or 40 people get away from the gunfire. “I would hope that if me, or my family, was in a situation like that, that someone would come in and get me.”
    Thousands fled the hail of gunfire in Las Vegas. These people stayed to try to save lives.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There's a lot of great people walking our streets every second of every day.
    Thankfully most will never have to show what they're made of.
    When they are put in a position to help out and rise to the top most will never get the recognition they deserve.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Daily Mail is reporting he had an actual full auto and a couple bump fires. Bye bye bump fire.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm seeing references to posts in the past 10 pages that I'm just not seeing. I don't think I can blame it on my Chrome plugin that hard-removes ignored users from the board entirely, but merely a lack of attention paid to the thread.

I don't see any links in the past few pages... nor do I see a number of people's arguments being backed by posts to argue.

Hmm. Maybe it’s the plugin.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So Fox News just had Rob O'Neil on and according to his navy seals expertise, people don't need bump fire stocks and automatic weapons....there's just no need for it. And the news chick is nodding in apparent agreement.

He also said a semi automatic can be converted to full auto in 4-6 minutes if you know what you're doing. I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So Fox News just had Rob O'Neil on and according to his navy seals expertise, people don't need bump fire stocks and automatic weapons....there's just no need for it. And the news chick is nodding in apparent agreement.

He also said a semi automatic can be converted to full auto in 4-6 minutes if you know what you're doing. I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing.
    Well if they can be converted that easily, it would seem the only sensible thing would be to outlaw all of them. After all, no one needs such weapons of war.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Once again proving that legislating morality is impossible. Best thing that could be done in response to this event is allow prayer back in schools.

Top Bottom