Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just remember, the same ones clutching their pearls at this rich dudes collection are the same ones that freak if somebody has more than a literal handful of ammo on hand. I lost count of all the stories where they talked about how [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] some random shooter over the past several years (not this dude) had a HUNDRED or so rounds in his home/car/etc :faint:

Apparently they think we only buy what we need when we get to the range. They freak when they hear about us buying a case of ammo, but dont bat an eye when they buy enough TP at Costco that they almost cant get the hatchback to close. :dunno:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I've been reading and listening and not made any comments. I can't make since of this evil. But I know you can't legislate it away. I also find it repugnant that people are pushing agendas before the dead are buried. But most of all, my heart hurts for our country, especially those who lost and I hope they/us/we find the solace we need to get through this tragedy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One of the docs interviewed that examined the wounds stated that "the weapons used weren't your average street guns". Can someone explain what a "street gun" is?

Jennings .25?

Beat me to it.

"Why were country music fan targeted?" Huh? Seems like someone has an agenda they want to push.

...which does sort of beg the question of if this was country music, or pop with cowboy hats...probably a discussion for another thread.

Police officers don't carry when they're out of state?
    Just wondering.

Some do, some don't. I do unless I'm leaving the country.

Is there (or not) a law allowing LEO to carry out of State. Something like a Federal Law?

Yes, LEOSA. However it does NOT cover you if you're under the influence of alcohol and the statute doesn't define what exactly that means (no specific BAC, so is it one beer? Ten beers?) You must also abide by off-limits properties, and (some claim it's debatable, I'm not being the test case) magazine size restrictions.

I'm wondering if, in the absence of any clear motive and so, the absence of any political stance and/or affiliation to vilify, if there will be more focus on the weapon(s) used by the shooter.

Quite possible. People want an explanation and "he's evil" isn't sufficient because our mind wants a narrative. That disconnect is going to drive attention somewhere.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm wondering if, in the absence of any clear motive and so, the absence of any political stance and/or affiliation to vilify, if there will be more focus on the weapon(s) used by the shooter.

It's a tender question to ask, but I find myself wondering the same thing.
    I've only heard real full auto machine gun fire a few times at training, Knob Creek, etc... so I'm no expert, but to me it sounded like .30 caliber.
    The timing and rhythm of the shots fired in the video makes me think is was either .308 or 7.62x39.
    The cyclic rate sounded too slow to be 5.56, but I'm no expert on full autos.
    Also, the distance we was shooting (around 400 yards) would be much more effective with a .30 caliber rifle than a 5.56 or sub-round so it would be the natural choice - hypothetically of course.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been reading and listening and not made any comments. I can't make since of this evil. But I know you can't legislate it away. I also find it repugnant that people are pushing agendas before the dead are buried. But most of all, my heart hurts for our country, especially those who lost and I hope they/us/we find the solace we need to get through this tragedy.

It happened almost unusually fast today... even from former presidential nominees. I was almost surprised how fast they jumped to nonsense issues like suppressors and whatnot. They couldn't give less of a **** about the people that died.

But, on that same note, plenty of people on the right were quick to form up stupid conspiracies and whatnot. Idiots all around.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I skipped the last 10 pages or so. Any updates on what the actual weapon(s) employed was/were?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    semi auto rifles illegally modified

if only a law were codified...

+ bumpfire
    Ah, thanks. Yeah, bumpfire/slidefires will get expensive. No loss to me, as I never saw the allure anyway, but it will be a loss for freedom.

Along similar lines, he checked in on the 28th and this was the 3rd night of the festival. Kinda makes me wonder if he actually went to the festival for awhile. Or got tired of the noise and thought it was his lawn.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    + bumpfire

Did I miss an official statement that a bumpfire was indeed used? Ingo speculation of slide fires and nfa stuff is blowing my mind, didnt see anybody siggesting that during newtown. Still trying to figure out if sear illegally modified or illegal arms trading or....?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So now terrorists have a new tactic to draw upon. And was the door actually barricaded? I've been in enough nice rooms in Vegas to know that there's a lot of **** you can throw in front of a door that would make a dynamic entry pretty difficult. 3 guys in the right room, 2 shooters, one rear guard to create absolute havoc, from a perched position, overseeing a well traveled area. And, short of gassing or bombing them out, wouldn't be dislodged easily if they were committed to fighting to the bitter end.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wapo also said an AK type rifle with a bi or tripod along with .223 and .308 cal weapons. One handgun.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So now terrorists have a new tactic to draw upon. And was the door actually barricaded? I've been in enough nice rooms in Vegas to know that there's a lot of **** you can throw in front of a door that would make a dynamic entry pretty difficult. 3 guys in the right room, 2 shooters, one rear guard to create absolute havoc, from a perched position, overseeing a well traveled area. And, short of gassing or bombing them out, wouldn't be dislodged easily if they were committed to fighting to the bitter end.
    I heard the audio from the swat team breaching the door on the radio today. True pros. :patriot:

Top Bottom