Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Average general aviation plane costs less than a new car

You must have VERY expensive taste in cars, Doc. Last a/c I was partner in we had $70k wrapped up in an IFR certified 1985 C-172 with panel mount GPS and it was very plain vanilla, not even long range tanks. New 182 just south of 1/2 mill $$$, SR22 just north of there

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Thank you. He couldn't know what their politics were. But he did know a large crowd would be gathered outdoors at that exact time and date.

Really?

If he knew that a large crowd would be gathered, at that date and time, then he would know why that crowd was gathered - i.e. that it was a country music festival. A 20,000 person country music festival, and one cannot hazard a guess as to the political leanings of the majority?

Really?

(Now, to be clear: that's not evidence that he targeted them *because of* the likely political leanings of the majority; but it is sheer foolishness to assert that he "couldn't know what their politics were.")

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You must have VERY expensive taste in cars, Doc. Last a/c I was partner in we had $70k wrapped up in an IFR certified 1985 C-172 with panel mount GPS and it was very plain vanilla, not even long range tanks. New 182 just south of 1/2 mill $$$, SR22 just north of there

Out of curiosity, several days back I was perusing the Van's kit airplane site. You can buy a kit for $60-75k. Assembly required. Plus engine, prop, electronics, and paint. So, for the cost of a corvette, you could build yourself a new plane. :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This may be the end of slide fires.... hell, I wouldn't put it past them to retroactively make them illegal (to damn with ex post facto), or at the very least require registration of them. Look for news stories in the upcoming weeks on those type of devices.

Making something illegal now that was once legal is not an ex post facto​ law.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Really?

If he knew that a large crowd would be gathered, at that date and time, then he would know why that crowd was gathered - i.e. that it was a country music festival. A 20,000 person country music festival, and one cannot hazard a guess as to the political leanings of the majority?

Really?

(Now, to be clear: that's not evidence that he targeted them *because of* the likely political leanings of the majority; but it is sheer foolishness to assert that he "couldn't know what their politics were.")

Alex Jones gene kicking in? I just proved my sample of one thinks that a surmise as you posit is without merit. You know nothing of Las Vegas crowd demographics. For all you know there could have been tickets comped by a convention of lesbians. You have no facts, once again, but see no problem with your assumption.

I'm being nice. The lawyers here would have a sushi festival with your assumptions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can do a small sample right now:

To wife: Hey do you like country music?

Wife: Why are you asking me a stupid question? Are you on that stupid gun site again?

To wife: Just answer the question.

Wife: *sigh* of course I like country music. Marty Robbins and Randy Travis are two of my favorites.

To wife: Are you a Republican?

Wife: **FROSTY stare**

End of Interview.

Your wife has excellent taste in music, but the plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Alex Jones gene kicking in? I just proved my sample of one thinks that a surmise as you posit is without merit. You know nothing of Las Vegas crowd demographics. For all you know there could have been tickets comped by a convention of lesbians. You have no facts, once again, but see no problem with your assumption.

I'm being nice. The lawyers here would have a sushi festival with your assumptions.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure it was a bunch of people who had ***** hats in their back pockets, fresh from a Hilary Clinton book signing, rocking out to Dirt Road Anthem.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How do we know he targeted them due to being country music fans?

Maybe he targeted them just because it was a large crowd in a convenient location?

While it's possible he didn't target any particular genre, I suspect he targeted the locale and perhaps new there woukld be some kind of gathering of the innocent there. Why else choose the specific location to shoot from. I can't remember where, but I have seen video of an individual claiming to be a profiler who indicated a belief that this was meticulously planned. Not sure how likely it would be that a real profiler would be adding to the chatter

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    LE recovered 42 guns from the shooter's home. Well, there's one thing for sure, he was definitely was pro-2A. I think I recall someone saying he had been collecting firearms for the past 30 years.

How do you make that leap?

According to his brother, he "wasn't a gun guy." Possessing firearms does not cause one to be "pro-2A" any more than attending church causes one to be a priest.

Top Bottom