Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep, I don't think any of the insurance I carry would pay out in the event I murder someone.

...but that got me thinking. The popular gun-owner's narrative is that permit-holding gun carriers are significantly less likely to use their guns for illegal violence than non-permit holders...I wonder what the risk pool for "murder" insurance would look like. I think it's pretty likely the only people that would voluntarily opt for additional liability coverage are (by definiton) the most responsible and cautious among us. If the risk pool is large enough, and payouts are as low as responsible gun owners seem to believe, there should be enough profit motivation to interest insurers into creating a policy that fills this need.

With as litigious a society as we currently have, I could potentially see value in a policy that paid out to cover legal expenses and judgements (if such a policy existed).

I am curious, though, if any insurer currently offers indemnity against criminal liability of any type...or if that is even legal under US statute?

Yup. I pointed out insurance doesn't cover you murdering someone. And that there is NO insurance available for that.
    Auto insurance doesn't cover you for that.
    Therefore, requiring everyone with an auto to have it, you ban all autos, cause there is no such thing.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    not a 1911, but a malfunctioning weapon in U.S. v. Olofsun

Not a malfunction. He purposely installed parts known to make the weapon fire more than once per pull, and told the guy who test fired it.

A better example of a FA "malfunction" would be an SKS slam fire. The weapon can have a run-away malfunctions firing multiple or all rounds if the pin jams forward.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by indyjohn Consider this:

-- Reported: 9 minutes of live fire. Lets speculate that number is accurate.
    -- 9 minutes of .223 discharge in a 1000 sq ft room would certainly cause the smoke alarms to go off.
    -- The actual shooter offs the patsy. Remove his tyvec suit, gloves, booties, stuffs them in a small bag and leaves.
    -- 10 minutes later Hotel employee gets to 23rd floor to investigate alarm and walks into line of sight of hallway camera.
    -- Bad guy, fully charged on event sees uniformed person in camera and incorrectly identifies person as Law Enforcement.
    -- Bad guy dispatches himself to avoid apprehension.
    -- 51 minutes later, SWAT breaches room. Hence amount of bleed out on corpse.

Just a theory.
    :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
    Let the conspiracies begin.

Did they find GSR on his hands?

Did they even bother checking for fingerprints on the guns?

Did they check his bloodwork for ruffees or other drugs?

Enquiring minds want to know.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I misassembled a garand once. It fired three round bursts. Bang, bang, bang... bang, bang, bang... bang, bang, ping.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When I was young you had to sign for ammo. Literally sign a book. I used to by 500 bricks of LR when we would back pack out for 2 or 3 days. I would get them at the K-Mart at 38th and High school. Had to show my license and sign a book.

I turned 18, in 1974, I remember doint that, at Ayr Way, on 31 South .....

I bought the 100packs of Remmington .22's ..... for $ 1.99 plus tax .... IIRC .....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom