• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    In 2004, he was arrested in Seattle for shooting the tires of someone’s car during an anger-fueled ‘blackout’.
    ‘He said that he didn’t remember pulling the trigger of his firearm until about one hour later,’ according to the Seattle police report.
    Later he said that he felt the intended victim ‘disrespected him’.

Read more: REVEALED: Gunman, 34, who murdered TWELVE and injured 15 in Washington Navy Yard rampage was decorated petty officer who left military in 2011 after previous gun charge | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Reports just in. There appears to have been at least one shooter.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I very much agree!!! Usually its cops we discuss this sort of thing about just because they make the flame news more. But even as a vet i feel exactly the same about the military. Everyone is not a hero. People can have their own personal heros but the media just uses the memory of these people to sell papers. Shameful!

We need to save this word for real heroes.It takes courage and heroic actions to become one.
    Getting shot while eating breakfast even if you're wearing a Navy uniform is not heroic.
    I hope I dont sound harsh to the victims or to any service member by saying that.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    We need to save this word for real heroes.It takes courage and heroic actions to become one.
    Getting shot while eating breakfast even if you're wearing a Navy uniform is not heroic.
    I hope I dont sound harsh to the victims or to any service member by saying that.
    Agree! Perhaps the cop who put this mad dog down is worthy of that word.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Agree! Perhaps the cop who put this mad dog down is worthy of that word.

Yep, im sure some of those people are heroes.
    That includes people who offered first aid to the victims, instead of fleeing, even though the shooter was still around.
    But using the word "hero" as a generic term to call all the victims is not right IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In 2004, he was arrested in Seattle for shooting the tires of someone’s car during an anger-fueled ‘blackout’.
    ‘He said that he didn’t remember pulling the trigger of his firearm until about one hour later,’ according to the Seattle police report.
    Later he said that he felt the intended victim ‘disrespected him’.

Read more: REVEALED: Gunman, 34, who murdered TWELVE and injured 15 in Washington Navy Yard rampage was decorated petty officer who left military in 2011 after previous gun charge | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That is the new response to idiotic and savage behavior. He/they disrespected me. Respect is earned not handed out.
    I have experienced this response myself. When told I was dissing them my response was "How, I do not know you and you have not earned any yet" .....They rumbled a bit and just dropped it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not one but 2 incidents involving discharging a firearm (tires since he was dissed and shot through the neighbor's floor it sounded like), and this guy got his security clearance updated last summer? Working for a defense contractor at the Navy Yard but had another ID? Who in the hell worked this guy's background investigation?

I'm drawing a comparison with Charles Whitman (Univ of Texas in 66) on this one. The now dead murderer doesn't seem like a Nidal Hassan type, wrong religion. Not like Tucson, Denver or Newtown. Time to wait and see I guess.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You scared me, I thought it was my fault at first! :nailbite:

You mean you agree on the hero thing?

You are right on with the hero thing.

But my comment was because of this quote. I was just agreeing with you that it was all your fault about the "shooter" thing.

Good point, even though im guilty of doing that myself.

Although I think I mentioned "shooter" a few times earlier myself.................and in this post.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are right on with the hero thing.

But my comment was because of this quote. I was just agreeing with you that it was all your fault about the "shooter" thing.

Although I think I mentioned "shooter" a few times earlier myself.................and in this post.

Ah!

I thought about it after I saw a video by/with Rob Pincus.
    He was visiting a school and talking to the kids about mass shootings in schools, how to protect themselves and such.
    In this video he talked about "shooter" vs "murderer" and taught the kids the difference and how he was a shooter but not a murderer, how guns owners were not all evil people and such.
    I thought it was a very nice video and a very good point he made.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been avoiding this all day. Trying to get things done with a good attitude. Another simple minded A$$ hat goes on a shooting spree.

Crap, will this never end.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    I very much agree!!! Usually its cops we discuss this sort of thing about just because they make the flame news more. But even as a vet i feel exactly the same about the military. Everyone is not a hero. People can have their own personal heros but the media just uses the memory of these people to sell papers. Shameful!

Hero is just another 4 letter word to the media.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom