Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fox?s Henry to Earnest: Why Did WH Invoke Religion for Chapel Hill, but Not ISIS Beheadings? | Mediaite

Also, ISIS just lost the sympathetic hipster demographic:

https://twitter.com/zaidbenjamin/status/568135690355138560

Also, isn't Cher just a gem? Why do old washed-up former celebrities end up getting into politics?

B-JrsXRIgAAOu5K.png:large

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We all know that domestic welfare isn't about helping the recipient. It's nothing more than a means of control. What's going to happen to American clout on the world stage once the rest of the world puts on their big boy pants and learns they can fend for themselves without the aid of America? Is that the real fear here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We all know that domestic welfare isn't about helping the recipient. It's nothing more than a means of control. What's going to happen to American clout on the world stage once the rest of the world puts on their big boy pants and learns they can fend for themselves without the aid of America? Is that the real fear here?

It's like welfare on an international scale. We complain about our own people not taking responsibility for themselves, but apparently love giving handouts to foreign nations. Italy cut its military spending by 40% in the last 2 years???? I wonder who they expect to take up the slack?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's like welfare on an international scale. We complain about our own people not taking responsibility for themselves, but apparently love giving handouts to foreign nations. Italy cut its military spending by 40% in the last 2 years???? I wonder who they expect to take up the slack?

Like holding the deed to a property but not really. The end product is the same.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I can only speak for myself, but I have no fear of that.

In fact, that strikes me as very out of touch with how foreign policy is made and executed.

My fear is that America is not, and will not, act in America's best interest. And that isn't as one-dimensional as it sounds. Americans are charitable, so I expect foreign policy to reflect that. Americans believe in self-defense and self-determination. I expect our foreign policy to reflect those ideals.

I expect our foreign policy to exhibit the best of American characteristics.

I fear it does not.

Top Bottom