• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

Obama: New Islamic State video, if authentic, shows that "whatever ideology they are operating out of is bankrupt."

WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

There HAS to be an overwhelming pro-destroy-ISIS sentiment in America right now. You could poll the country and likely get a majority that wants ISIS obliterated. Why in the blue **** is he just saying WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS.

Send in the ****ing troops and destroy these savages. Yes, savages.

Also, "ideology"? What ideology? Some mystery ideology?

Political correctness is killing people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I agree.

Plus, there is more and more evidence that the ideology is not actually Islam. It is sheer brutality. So, say that. It is not about religion.

Something must be done.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    According to the British Daily Mail, Jordan has executed the six ISIS prisoners they were holding, and plan on doing similar to that female that couldn't press the button on her vest bomb.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    White House confirms Obama, Biden to meet with Jordan's King Abdullah at 6 pm ET at White House

Seriously I better not be right on this.

Aww hayl no. Mannnnnn....

On the video editing stuff, it doesn't take much to do decent editing, if you have an artistic eye. I thought I read of a Western Daesh volunteer that had some kind of video production background, too. Then, they've grabbed some high end AV stuff from the hostages they've grabbed and beheaded.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. Truly SMH at this one. I mean... I just can't... the incomprehensibility of these statements...

The director of Human Rights Watch, Kenneth Roth, tweeted - and I TOTALLY get that he's being principled, that yesterday he was a total cultural liberal and tomorrow he will still be that. But this just doesn't make sense.
    If Jordan now executes alleged ISIS-related inmates on death row, it'll only reinforce ISIS callousness toward human life, not rise above it

Reinforce Daesh "callousness"? WTF? I mean, is there any more room to reinforce the callousness? Seems to me their callousness is pretty maxed out. Sure, maybe they'll stumble upon a detailed history of the Spanish Inquisition in one of the libraries they haven't burned down yet. Maybe that'll give them some ideas on how to reinforce their callousness.

I'm pretty sure there's not an executioner in Jordan creative enough to go one-upsies on them. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess we'll see.

I just have a hard time buying that Daesh will somehow get worse because Jordan carries through with their word.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ok. Truly SMH at this one. I mean... I just can't... the incomprehensibility of these statements...

The director of Human Rights Watch, Kenneth Roth, tweeted - and I TOTALLY get that he's being principled, that yesterday he was a total cultural liberal and tomorrow he will still be that. But this just doesn't make sense.

Reinforce Daesh "callousness"? WTF? I mean, is there any more room to reinforce the callousness? Seems to me their callousness is pretty maxed out. Sure, maybe they'll stumble upon a detailed history of the Spanish Inquisition in one of the libraries they haven't burned down yet. Maybe that'll give them some ideas on how to reinforce their callousness.

I'm pretty sure there's not an executioner in Jordan creative enough to go one-upsies on them. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess we'll see.

I just have a hard time buying that Daesh will somehow get worse because Jordan carries through with their word.

Yes, is the new wrong is right mentality.... If you take a stand against extremism you are obviously an extremist and whatever happens it will be your fault.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another solid commentary from a BBC contributor, the Senior Fellow at the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation at King's College London.
    BBC News - Jordan pilot murder: Islamic State deploys asymmetry of fear

From the moment Islamic State captured him they had made it clear that he would be killed. Indeed, they even attempted to crowd-source his murder, at times asking users on social media to suggest precisely how he should be killed.
    For this reason, there was never any realistic prospect of his release.

When officials in Amman asked for proof of life none was offered, prompting speculation that the murder may have actually taken place some weeks ago.
    This would make sense. Shortly after his capture, the Jordanian and American armies launched two abortive attempts to rescue Lt Kasasbeh.
    Fearing that another attempt might succeed, it is likely the group killed him weeks ago and then waited for an opportunity to release the video.

Instead, what it has is asymmetric power - the ability to shock and terrify with videos such as the one released on Tuesday. As always, we are the audience and the aim is clear - to shock and scare us.
    In that regard the video has already been a success. Jordanians are outraged, but many are also asking why the country is participating in the coalition air raids against Islamic State.
    The United Arab Emirates has gone a step further and withdrawn from the coalition altogether, citing fears for the safety of its pilots.
    That is perhaps the most potent weapon Islamic State possess today - the carefully curated asymmetry of fear.
    I wished it addressed more the futility of "speaking their language." We simply cannot "scare" Daesh more than they can scare us.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another view from a King's College prof.
    Is Islamic State getting increasingly desperate? - Telegraph
    However, the group is increasingly less focused on selling the idea of the state – a long-term objective of the group. Previous attention on demonstrating their governance abilities, such as provision of essential services and social order, is increasingly lost on those emphasising violence and conflict. Their glorification of brutality is further detracting from any suggestion that they provide an attractive state system. Like many terrorist groups before them, they have limited vision for meaningful change. Their long-term goals and present actions are falling out of sync.

In an ivory-tower professorial flourish, it concludes:
    While Isil may appear to be winning in the short-term, those challenging the group can ensure that their actions do not provide more fuel for the long-term. As with terrorist groups throughout history, increasing violence has never won the day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Lots of coverage of Daesh's extremism. Some of it "earned" media, perhaps some of it more about building a perception of Daesh. Maybe.

Top Bottom