• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I almost (almost) feel bad for the guy. I mean, he has to recognize the risk ISIS poses and he doesn't want to be president for the next big islamofascist terror attack. So, he probably feels compelled to take military action.

But, he's beholden to his base (and what passes for his core beliefs) such that he can't really "do what it takes" to really beat ISIS. He's in a trick bag of his own making.

He's caught between protecting his legacy (no terror attacks) and protecting his legacy (Nobel peace prize winner) with no strong moral compass to help direct his actions. IMHO

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Though bathhouse Barry's plan has yet to be announced, I will go ahead and sum up the results of his plan.

1 The state grows.

2 Liberty contracts.

3 An "unprecedented terrorist threat" will present itself later.

4 Repeat

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The most amazing lie he told in his address last night: ISIS isn't *******

To avoid another ban, you'll have to fill in the stars on your own. But it was an outright lie.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The most amazing lie he told in his address last night: ISIS isn't *******

To avoid another ban, you'll have to fill in the stars on your own. But it was an outright lie.

That's really meaningless. It's no different than saying "that guy isn't really a ********* because ********** don't behave that way. But that guy still insists he's a **********. Who gets to define what is a real *********?

Many individuals and groups throughout history have sought to control others by exploiting people's beliefs. The Dark Ages were a great example of Western leaders controlling people by controlling belief. I don't blame the name of the belief, I blame the people who control what's being taught. It's another implementation of he who controls the message controls opinions. In that sense the Middle East version of ***** is the message to the masses that uses the belief's label. Could be any belief that a culture embraces and exploited.

Whether they really are or aren't "true believers" is irrelevant so far as condemning an entire belief system. The reality is, IS chops people's heads off. I blame the people who do that. Of course some cultures are more open to encouraging that sort of punishment for infidelity than others.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Some Americans are racist. Racist Americans sometimes do bad things.

Not all Americans are racist. Doesn't mean the non-racist Americans deserve blame for the bad things racist Americans do.

That's why I tend to use the term "islamofascists." The radicals tend to be more about power - fascism - than religion. That's just the leverage point they use.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The title of this thread needs to be changed.

ISIS is not a state. bathhouse barry said so.
    The AP news has adopted al Jezera's name for them, "Islamic State Group", which I think appropriatly avoids acknowledging them as a state.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. Why aren't they a state? I keep seeing maps with boundaries that they control. They defend those borders. They make and enforce the laws for the areas they control.

They appear to be doing all the things that states do.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Wait. Why aren't they a state? I keep seeing maps with boundaries that they control. They defend those borders. They make and enforce the laws for the areas they control.

So, then you are saying that the US isn't a state?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, then you are saying that the US isn't a state?

haha

The boundaries issue is a political wildfire right now, but the reality is that we do defend our borders.

Yes, the US is a state in the geopolitical sense.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Calling them a "state" is absurd. I mean, they have no IRS, no EPA, no FEMA, no dept of HUD, no ATFE, no dept of education, no dept of energy, no FDA, no dept of labor... They barely rate as a county.:laugh:

Top Bottom