• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It's reins.

Maybe not? :)

Actually, that wouldn't be good, either. Kinda like those stories of banana republic commando units taking over the gov't in the 80s. Or Apocalypse Now.

They claim they are a state. They are acting like a state. Let's all treat them like a state. Well, let's not treat them like we treat Russia. I mean, right now, we are treating them both the same. Maybe we should keep treating them the same. But they are not the same.

Aaaaaagggggghhhhh.

(Rrrr... wrong thread.)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm a fat lazy Murrican and my speller checker didn't underline it with dotted lines indicating incorrect grammar.:p
    Once again, it's not incorrect grammatically. It's in incorrect word choice. The correct word is REIN, because the phrase originates from the idea of giving the horse his head, or....wait for it....free rein.

Just like the incorrect phrase is "tow the line." The correct one is "toe the line."

Just like the incorrect phrase is "intensive purposes." The correct one is "intents and purposes."

None of them are grammatically incorrect. But the word choices are wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh who cares if it rains while reining in the reign of terrorists. We know what he meant. Just post a link to word crimes and be done with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Bump it 1,000 years from now and it will still be the same.

In the days before the Roman Empire and for a few centuries after the fall, it had some impressive things going for it, but sadly, it has been in a state of cultural...I'll say stasis...for some time. Go figure. I will not offer any analysis as to why, but I do not suspect colonialism as is the standard bogeyman of our dear President.

Top Bottom