A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MortonMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    I was kicking around the idea of adding a Glock 19 to the collection, but this and other threads here have convinced me to give a M&P the next spot in the old safe.

Thanks for the great info guys. This site rocks :rockwoot:

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Thanks for the detailed comparison of the two guns. I have been looking at both of these guns for my next 9mm and this post helps a great deal.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Who likes to shoot when its 15 degrees out? I do!! :D

I spent the morning down at lovemywoods'. He just picked up a 6-paddle dueling tree from Bobcat Steel and we wanted to give it its first run. I thought it would also be a great time to run the M&P some more.

We are planning a full review of the dueling tree, from assembly to painting to shooting to various games and exercises. Look for that in the near future. For today we just wanted to familiarize ourselves with it and have some fun. And boy did we have some fun!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/vM8p2QqhTpI[/ame]

I'm still getting used to the new trigger and sights, but so far I'm still very impressed with the upgrades. I'm really liking the blacked out rear sight. Its there for reference but it allows me a better front sight focus.

After having fun with the tree I put a few magazines into some other Bobcat Steel, a 66% IPSC plate. I love making that thing 'sing'!

[ame]http://youtu.be/Vft67mw95Uk[/ame]

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Who likes to shoot when its 15 degrees out? I do!! :D

I spent the morning down at lovemywoods'. He just picked up a 6-paddle dueling tree from Bobcat Steel and we wanted to give it its first run. I thought it would also be a great time to run the M&P some more.

We are planning a full review of the dueling tree, from assembly to painting to shooting to various games and exercises. Look for that in the near future. For today we just wanted to familiarize ourselves with it and have some fun. And boy did we have some fun!!

http://youtu.be/vM8p2QqhTpI

I'm still getting used to the new trigger and sights, but so far I'm still very impressed with the upgrades. I'm really liking the blacked out rear sight. Its there for reference but it allows me a better front sight focus.

After having fun with the tree I put a few magazines into some other Bobcat Steel, a 66% IPSC plate. I love making that thing 'sing'!

http://youtu.be/Vft67mw95Uk

That dueling tree looks like a blast! :rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    what do you think of the sights? Still debating what I'm going to put on my G19 this time. Gonna carry/compete and this looks like a good combo.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Great video esrice. Looks like you two were having a little fun. Any weather is good weather for some trigger time with the exception fo tornado warnings. Have to draw the line somewhere... :)
    Love the triggers of the M&P. Real smooth.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    what do you think of the sights? Still debating what I'm going to put on my G19 this time. Gonna carry/compete and this looks like a good combo.

They are the best I've come across so far for my needs. The fact that they are very inexpensive is icing on the cake. I'd probably want a thinner front sight for competition, but as a comp/carry dual-purpose setup I think they'd work just fine.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Great write up, God made every man different and even now I am considering a m&p, I truly love my g22 and feel very comfortable with it, yet my buddy's m&p .45 acp has giving me food for thought.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So its been a while since I've updated this thread. Its been really tough to get in some dedicated pistol time.

I finally did last weekend. I got a chance to bench the gun and check the sights after their installation. Turns out they are ever so slightly off. Nothing a few whacks with a punch won't cure.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...racticing_pistol_manipulations_pics_vids.html

Overall I'm still very impressed with the M&P series of pistols. Mine has continued to run well with various types of ammo (including some reloads). I'm still waiting on my Raven holsters to come in, so VUPDblue was kind enough to give me an old Fobus he had laying around. It certainly keeps the gun off the ground but I'm reminded just how awful they are for much anything more complex.

I still haven't cleaned the gun. As is typical, I'll continue to run it until it starts to get sloppy, then I might clean it. :D

A fellow INGOer was showing me his "new" 2nd Gen G19 yesterday and I did feel a bit homesick. :D But I still like my M&P9.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    There is no one gun that is perfect for everyone. I actually shoot the beretta fs92 better than i do a 9 mm glock. So its an obvious choice for me which would I carry. One of the best comparisons I have read in a very long time. :rockwoot:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I traded for a Beretta 92FS the other day, great gun to shoot. Love my G17, my fiance's M&P 9 shoots great, my brothers XDM 9 shoots nice, and I still carry and love my G19 every day. :D Gotta love having a choice, and great choices at that! :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Raven Phantom is here!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...9483-got_a_raven_phantom_for_my_m_and_p9.html

1zn1orc.jpg

Top Bottom