A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm not a Glock man. But I just wanted to complement you on an excellent write up. The combination of writing AND photographs is just right. I wish more folks would take the time to compose this level of quality reporting. Excellent job!! Thanks for posting a great read. Well-deserved rep sent. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    #1 & # 2

1. Short fingers 2. Poor back-strap. All the rest is propaganda. Both #1 & #2 are the same reason: sausage-fingers, short reach you said. Good for you; not reason enough for me to close out my collection. I have med./lg. grip. Your gun's big reputation or not , over 7,000,000 buyers since Gaston introduced his master-piece is hard to argue against. Not persuaded, but exc. writing. Thanks for sharing your thinking with us. EBG

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm not going anywhere. Love my Glock.

This report wasn't about persuasion, but rather encouragement for those who are trying to figure out which gun is best for them individually. I would never try and persuade you away from Glocks. :yesway:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I spent about 9 months on the bandwagon at one time I had a 1911 m&p and a glock. Got tired of the glock when I got the m&p and off it went. I shortly after sold my Taurus 1911 because it was a Taurus. Then i saw an ad in the classifieds for a beautiful Springfield loaded and I had to have it (carried it at my wedding) it was a trade and off went the m&p 3 1911s later I don't miss the glock at all. But I do miss the m&p whenever I re enter the polymer market I cant decide if I want a m&p or a xdm but I do know that I love my 1911s but something about using a $800+ gun for edc concerns me.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I'd like to second whoever mentioned the quality of your OP. Great write up. As someone who has handled many Glocks and bought an M&P yesterday, and I must say, I think we both made the right choice. Can't wait to test drive her tomorrow.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    At first I would say, "great"..............more glocks for us, then I see the butchered gen three, and say, nope there's one more Glock probably no body wants.
    Oh well your happy, its your guns, hope you ddin't get run over by both front and rear wagon wheels when you fell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spent about 9 months on the bandwagon at one time I had a 1911 m&p and a glock. Got tired of the glock when I got the m&p and off it went. I shortly after sold my Taurus 1911 because it was a Taurus. Then i saw an ad in the classifieds for a beautiful Springfield loaded and I had to have it (carried it at my wedding) it was a trade and off went the m&p 3 1911s later I don't miss the glock at all. But I do miss the m&p whenever I re enter the polymer market I cant decide if I want a m&p or a xdm but I do know that I love my 1911s but something about using a $800+ gun for edc concerns me.

It should not be of any concern. How much is your life worth......;)

I used the same line for motorcycle helmets when I was racing them. A $50.00 brain bucket for a $50.00 life.......My lids cost so much more than that.

My EDC is a Springer TRP. What a machine.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I won't get rid of my Glock 35 but I can see myself with a Sig in the near future. I handled one yesterday and was impressed at how smooth the action was.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Unusual find :

(Not unusual on INGO, tho') ... very respectful gentleman. "Suasive" need not be "persuasive." I'm sure you know the nuance. EBG
    This report wasn't about persuasion, but rather encouragement for those who are trying to figure out which gun is best for them individually. I would never try and persuade you away from Glocks. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    esrice did you ever try the gen 4 glock?

Nope I have never shot a Gen4 Glock.

At first I would say, "great"..............more glocks for us, then I see the butchered gen three, and say, nope there's one more Glock probably no body wants.
    Oh well your happy, its your guns, hope you ddin't get run over by both front and rear wagon wheels when you fell.

:rolleyes:

I sold the Glock to a fellow INGOer who continued to modify (butcher?) it to better suit his own needs.

And I said "jumped", not "fell". ;)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

How dare somebody alter the great and powerful Glock Perfection to suit their personal needs! The person needs to change, not the Glock!

Evan, perhaps you could have finger lengthening surgery so that your hands fits the Glock better...

:laugh:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    How long did it take ....

..... before Glock hopped up onto the "back-strap" modification?
    Heading Towards Perfection" don'cha kno'.
    How dare somebody alter the great and powerful Glock Perfection to suit their personal needs! The person needs to change, not the Glock!

Evan, perhaps you could have finger lengthening surgery so that your hands fits the Glock better...

:laugh:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis

I sold the Glock to a fellow INGOer who continued to modify (butcher?) it to better suit his own needs.

And I said "jumped", not "fell". ;)

I've hacked on it a bit more since Evan last saw it. Here's the current state of butchery:

20121030_120108.jpg

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I said goodbye to Glocks a long time ago, because I never could get around how much I disliked the grip. However, while small, the change to the grip made on the Gen 4 was enough for me to give them another try. The change is enough that the Gen 4 Glock 19 with no backstrap allows for a good grip with my hand, I think it's night and day different from the Gen 3's even though I know it wasn't much of a change.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Let me first start off by saying I will never get rid of my Gen 3 Glock 19. With that said, I recently picked up a full size M&P 9mm. For me, the M&P is a better handgun as long as the reliability is there. Time will tell.

Top Bottom