A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrWin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For reference, information on the safety notice is here: LWC. It only affects some Shields manufactured prior to August 19, 2013. For what it's worth, I got mine around July 2012 and it wasn't affected.

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I own both and I agree that they are both fantastic weapons, the trigger pull and travel is much longer than a glock, I haven't read the travel on them but it does seem longer. To each his own.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Were you able to pick up another M&P Evan? Was going through my subs and noticed this epic thread hadn't been updated for awhile. :)

Nope, still rockin' the "borrowed" M&P (by this point I think we can almost call it "stolen", lol). Funds have been tight with us doing the custody/adoption thing so I haven't spent ANY money on gun goodies in quite some time. I haven't even been shooting in many months. :(

I'll be sure to update this thread once I get something going.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nope, still rockin' the "borrowed" M&P (by this point I think we can almost call it "stolen", lol). Funds have been tight with us doing the custody/adoption thing so I haven't spent ANY money on gun goodies in quite some time. I haven't even been shooting in many months. :(

I'll be sure to update this thread once I get something going.

Copy that, and understood. We have 3 kids and no $$$ ever. Lol Kids make the world go around but they surely do decimate any "fun" money.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since you haven't purchased an M&P yet, may I suggest you try it in .40 cal? Nothing like shooting a Smith with their own cartridge. I purchased a Police trade in from Bradis in .40 and have never looked back. The last time I had it on the range was in Florida when I visited my family there. We went to the range and I just obliterated the center of the target at ranges out to 30 ft. I have never fired a Glock and would not mind doing so but I love the way the Smith feels in my big paws! If you would like to try it out just PM me and we'll get together.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That should've been their marketing tag line. I think that's why I like them-- it's like someone built a Glock to fit human hands.

Not a fan of the .40S&W cartridge personally.

I find the G19/23 size to be fantastically comfortable firearm.

But the M&Ps are even better.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    That should've been their marketing tag line. I think that's why I like them-- it's like someone built a Glock to fit human hands.

Not a fan of the .40S&W cartridge personally.

I find the G19/23 size to be fantastically comfortable firearm.

But the M&Ps are even better.

Nope, not even close. Glocks are WAY better.

I guess I think they are similar enough to be interchangable. Polymer, striker fired, similar size, similar capacity... The rest is just details.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only thing the M&P has going for it is the grip.

The factory trigger sucks. And they tend to malfunction more than the Glock. And I do speak from experience.

Top Bottom