A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh I agree, I'm just giving Evan a hard time.

I sold my AR15 for a $1500 TREK road bike, and lost over 50lbs. I'm all about putting fitness as a priority.

I took advantage or the 2 for $5 at Arby's tonight. Ate both a Fish and Beef & Cheddar. I might be fat but I own some really cool guns! :):

I am half kidding. (Well not about the 2 sandwiches, which is too much food by the way. I was hungry and just ordered what was on the picture.) I started taking TaeKwonDo with my son. Not only is it time well spent with the kid but also pretty decent exercise. I have not lost any weight (because I need to change my diet) but my core is stronger and my back pain has gone away. In some ways I have INGO to thank for making me think about and prioritize at least some type of physical fitness.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Good write up. I am new to Glocks. In fact new to polymer guns. Looked at all kinds at NRA convention. From personal "feel" I bought a Glock 17. I couldn't be happier and don't feel the need to "try out" an M&P. Seems to me like the gun & truck loyalty and preference issues are even "bleeding" into preferences for the shapes of the ladies! LOL As in the original post, YMMV just having fun with it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Ah, I missed an update!

Back in March my lovely wife surprised me with a new M&P9 as an anniversary present. Unfortunately I've only had time to shoot 3 magazines through it as a quick function test.

The stock trigger is HORRIBLE and worse than I remembered them. Luckily I'll be swapping in my Apex parts.

I'll update again when I get some actual trigger time.

Saweet! :) Congrats on the new pistola, was your old M&P the updated version or before that happened? Just curious if there were any differences between the two. I bumped your thread for two reasons, 1 because I had to go outside the other night on a search and destroy mission with the wife's streamlight equipped M&P 9 and 2 because I still love my G19. Lol. I leave the pistol light on her home defense pistol because I feel she can benefit from it more so than I. I need to get a second light, shew! $$$

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I took advantage or the 2 for $5 at Arby's tonight. Ate both a Fish and Beef & Cheddar. I might be fat but I own some really cool guns! :):

I am half kidding. (Well not about the 2 sandwiches, which is too much food by the way. I was hungry and just ordered what was on the picture.) I started taking TaeKwonDo with my son. Not only is it time well spent with the kid but also pretty decent exercise. I have not lost any weight (because I need to change my diet) but my core is stronger and my back pain has gone away. In some ways I have INGO to thank for making me think about and prioritize at least some type of physical fitness.

Arby's is better than Burger King and mcdonalds.

Agreed to both, Arby's is good! But it's slow here, but man those curly fries! Mmm :spend::drool:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hate the trigger on the M&P's. The Apex makes me hate it a little less, but I still hate it.

What does this have to do with roast beef and curly fries?

Oh right! This is an M&P thread. I agree the triggers are not for me. Interestingly enough new shooters who have no preconceived ideas about triggers seem to do very well with the Smiths.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Arby's Cherry Turnovers and Jalapeno Bites are amazing... :drool:

Arbys_Cherry_Turnover_1_92865.png

Jalapeno-Bites-1.jpg

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I jumped off the McDonalds bandwagon a couple years ago when I saw the nutrition facts on the tiny little double cheeseburger on the dollar menu.

Double
    Cheeseburger

5.8oz serving size
    440 calories
    210 calories from fat
    23g total fat
    11g saturated fat
    1050mg sodium

That is just despicable, and its not just MCD, hell its not just fast food. Its ALL foods that you dont make from scratch at home, and even then, you have to watch what you use.

In the last several decades, the food industry has exchanged our health for their increased profit margins.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Tried a few different 'poly-wonders', bought the Glock as it 'fit' best. That's always how I've bought a firearm, by how it 'felt' and how it well it 'immediately sat on target' when I picked it up.

I've always figured the rest was up to me.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Bring it on is all I can say, sell all your Glocks and buy them slim guns... Please do it !!! Then the price will come down even more and there will be tones of Glocks or us who love them to buy.... Job well done and keep up the work boys & THANK YOU ALL... A++++ SELL, SELL, SELL !!!!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm actually starting to like the Salads "gasp" at Wendy's other than the $8 price tag. Wait, what were we talking about?

I always liked the baja salad. Now you have to ask for a chili salad. Not on the menu but yu can get it. Salad topped with Wendys chili. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Not going to let you derail us again. J it is time for you to abandon the Glock 19 and go 1911. Maybe I should start a thread 'Farewell To Glock, Why I Became a 1911 fanboy'.

Top Bottom