A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I tried a glock 9mm at NFA day (previously I'd only shot the 40). It wasn't bad. But it was suppressed, so took me a bit to figure out where it was hitting.
    I was really digging Uzi's CORE M&P with the apex trigger. I am sold on the trigger, and will be getting one (or more) soon. The reflex sight was cool, but starbursted badly with the mist we had going on. Made it difficult to even see the front sight. Even so, I had a hand sized group (aiming at a slughole all by it's lonesome, low & away from all other shot, in one of the paper targets). I'd really like to try one of those reflex sights again on a dry day!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd really like to try one of those reflex sights again on a dry day!

Don't. Unless you like spending $600 on "sights" for your $500 pistol. They're very cool, and once you try it you'll get hooked on how effortless shooting a pistol becomes. It's the same feeling as shooting an AR with an Aimpoint for the first time. Magic.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Don't. Unless you like spending $600 on "sights" for your $500 pistol. They're very cool, and once you try it you'll get hooked on how effortless shooting a pistol becomes. It's the same feeling as shooting an AR with an Aimpoint for the first time. Magic.

Don't forget $350 for machining...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

I still like my 3 dot Trijicons and my G19. :) The Aimpoint is another matter, I have not tried one yet mainly because I don't know anybody with one. And I don't have the spare cash to get one right now either, I will admit though that I like the size of the micro and think it would work well with my carbine.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So the deal I had lined up didn't work out (no fault on shooter521's part). Anyone else know where I can snag a used full size M&P9 with 2 mags for $400? :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So the deal I had lined up didn't work out (no fault on shooter521's part). Anyone else know where I can snag a used full size M&P9 with 2 mags for $400? :):

You could easily get an M&P .40 from CDNN at that price if you wanted to switch calibers. $329 + shipping & transfer with 1 mag.

CDNN Two Day Used Gun Sale - Bushmasters $599.99

I'll be honest, those AIM Gen2 G19s made me think long and hard about sticking with M&P. Always wanted one of those.

Yeah, I almost jumped on that as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Switch to a .40 caliber? Why would he want to do that?

Didn't you know that .40 makes you gay?

Does it make one a transsexual if they get a conversion barrel for it?

Would that be from buying one, shooting one, or being shot with one.

I have to ask, are you speaking from experience?
    ... j/k, I saw Que's video

Top Bottom