• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Didn't see any others here, but I sure like my Colt King Cobra. I need to get it out and practice with it again. My carry gun is a Colt Double Eagle 45 ACP.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    My order of priority:
    Grocery store: Bersa .380
    Bouncing at a bar: Sig 229/ CZ P-07 depending on weather
    Meeting an unknown individual in a place I've never been to before for a gun trade I negotiated online on this forum or another: Ruger Gp100 .357 magnum.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    357 Magnum

I was recently shooting a Ruger SP101 and was reminded of why I switched over to primarily shooting semiautos. The recoil with full house loads was sharp, to say the least. I think I can shoot the LCR better than the SP101, strangely enough.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I like my Colt Mark III Trooper but don't carry it often because of the 6" barrel. It's the only pistol that I've killed a deer with, though. Dropped a doe in her tracks at about 20 yards 4 years ago.

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I actually ordered a m&p shield .40 for my carry since mine now is a 1911, but since it hasn't come in yet i have been contemplating selling it and getting something like a S&W model 357, or a 360

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a Taurus Model 605. .357 snubby. It's mainly my "sits next to my mouse" gun, so that I can pick it up easily when I hear something outside. We live on 34 acres, so we have coyotes, strays, and other animals fairly often.

It also kind of became my "around the yard" gun. It's in my pocket when I'm mowing, working with the horses, fixing fences, etc. I'm not as worried about grass clippings and whatnot getting into it, or about dropping it or banging it around. And if I can't take care of business with 5 rounds of .357 magnum hollowpoints....well, I wasn't going to be able to take care of it with any of my other pistols either.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    We dont dial 911 we use a .357!

Holy mackarel! I've been shooting a S&W 686 6" .357 like crazy. I had the complete action worked over by Denny Reichard at Sand Burr Gun Ranch and it shoots as if it is guided by the Gods of Firearms. It shoots .357 mags out to 50yds - 75 yds and beyond with bulls all day long offhand. I reload all my own cartridges and after some experimentation got the loads to do this type of precision shooting. :rockwoot: Can't go wrong with a S&W wheelgun in this caliber with a 6" barrel and handloads.

PS: I also shoot a S&W Model 29 in .44 magnum when I want to really make a statement at the range. KA BOOM!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Holy mackarel! I've been shooting a S&W 686 6" .357 like crazy. I had the complete action worked over by Denny Reichard at Sand Burr Gun Ranch and it shoots as if it is guided by the Gods of Firearms. It shoots .357 mags out to 50yds - 75 yds and beyond with bulls all day long offhand. I reload all my own cartridges and after some experimentation got the loads to do this type of precision shooting. :rockwoot: Can't go wrong with a S&W wheelgun in this caliber with a 6" barrel and handloads.

PS: I also shoot a S&W Model 29 in .44 magnum when I want to really make a statement at the range. KA BOOM!

Sounds like you have a great rig for IHMSA field pistol or even bigbore! :)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I'm actually in the market for a .357

buy a heavy frame one first if youre into that. .357 has a kick in a lightweight gun, and being an avid .40 shooter, kick is something im used to.
    all im saying is, be ready for it. it wont smash into your head or anything, but itll wake you up if its in a light gun. 100 rounds thru my LCR and it wore a hole thru my hand, where the grip rubs against the web of my thumb. didnt even notice. was unpleasant for a couple weeks.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Bought a pair of .357 Magnums today, brings the total to 6, my favorite caliber, has been since i was a kid. A Security Six was the first gun i carried around my grandfathers farm, at 9 years old mind you, i still have it, and can shoot the best at just pull and shhot drills with it.

Top Bottom