• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Have both but my wife would much rather shoot my Smith 620 over my Glock. I have to say the wheel gun is awfully nice to shoot.

DBCooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Kokomo
    My S&W Model 66 is the best shooter I"ve ever owned and still my favorite handgun out of all I own. Some of the bells and whistles are nice, but because of this gun, revolvers are still my favorite weapons. .357 Rocks and always will.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Love the .357! It's always the last gun I shoot at the range because I'm the most accurate with it, so I always leave on a good note! The .357 is like a vintage car, you always feel safe and secure when your handling one and its made from real steel!

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    I have been looking for a good used S&W .357 for a while. I started shooting a friends on his 50 yard range last fall and rang steel all day with both 38's and .357's. People love them so much, that there don't seem to be many good used magnums on the market right now.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been looking for a good used S&W .357 for a while. I started shooting a friends on his 50 yard range last fall and rang steel all day with both 38's and .357's. People love them so much, that there don't seem to be many good used magnums on the market right now.

You got that right! I look almost daily on INGO and Gunbroker but I haven't found what I am looking for at a reasonable price. I am patient, I will keep looking.:)

nod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I carry an SP101 Ruger and have never had a problem. I can take 38's to the range for way less money and still stay sharp. I keep every shot in a pizza pan at 7 yards...not bad for an ole disabled vet!

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    Does anyone shoot the 357 any more, or even wheelguns for that matter? It seems as though everyone is high on semi autos, not that I don't own my fair share of them. Does anyone out there still like the big fireball and boom of the 357?
    :draw:
    I would prefer shooting my SP101 over my Glock 30 at the range ANY DAY! .357 is such and awesome round! I love waiting at the range until there is a lull in the shooting and then blast off a couple of thunderous rounds to wake people up! Really trying to get my hands on one of those Ruger Super Alaskan .44 magnums.

bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    Have a pair of GP100"s in stainless and a 686. They are hard to find used because most of us that buy them Like them and keep them. Nothing like the heft of a solid revolver.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    SPQR - I love your Mario Andretti quote. I agree with your comment on the revolvers. You should own one of each a .38 and a .357 - Just having too much fun!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Shot a Ruger Security Six this weekend for the second time in a year. If shells were not so expensive I would shoot it all the time. I loved and frankly it is quite accurate. I kept all the shells so if I find a reloader I might try to make a deal on getting reloads.

Gee223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Well I tried to stuff 15.5 grains of Lil'gun and a 180gr XTP HP into a 9mm case for deer hunting and it didn't fit.:dunno:

My 6" GP 100 loves that load though. Plus I get a tan while I practice!:D

Top Bottom