• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I can't tell you how many times I've tried to go away from an SP101 as an EDC....then come back to it every time..... I'm even finding myself missing it after carrying a HK45, a fine fine gun.

I have the same problem. I carried the SP101, then I got a Sig ultra compact 1911 45 ACP. I carried the Sig for a couple months and then decided it was too nice to carry everyday. Now I am carrying my SP101 again. I like the idea of point and shoot, nothing to really think about gun wise.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Got some attention at Roush Lake with my son's 454 Casull last Saturday. He shot the first round and the guy beside us packed up and left for the far end of the range. It makes my .44Mag feel like a .22.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I picked up a 686 this summer in a swap and got it out last weekend for my better half to try.
    She likes it alot but still loves her SxS 12 ga.
    The revolver she likes the most is a single action 22.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'm late to the game here, but my M&P360 is one of my favorites in the rotation. I even think its fun to shoot .357's out of it at the range!

Have several others in .357 flavor. Probably my favorite round.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I started using Nyclads when S&W first brought out the concept with the 125 gr. "Chief's Special" load 'way back when. At the time it was the only factory-made standard pressure .38 Spl. HP which would show consistent, reliable expansion when tested (as best I could) from the Charter Arms Undercover and Colt DS revolvers that were my CCWs.

When Federal had announced that the line was being discontinued, I ran across an extremely attractive close-out deal on case lots of the standard pressure 125 gr. .38 Spl. SWCHP, +P 158 gr. .38 Spl. and 124 gr. HP 9x19. I got one case of each and stashed them in refurbed GI ammo cans in our basement. I still have a few boxes of the 158 gr. .38s and 9x19s left.

I've tried other makers' versions of the old "FBI load" over the years, but still prefer the Nyclad version because the others have usually shown a tendency to leave a lot of lead fouling in the bore after a relatively few cylinders-full. The Nyclads don't.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Yep...I carry a Charter Arms .44 bulldog. I have wheelguns in several different calibers. I reload for them...sure is it a lot easier to collect the empties.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Does anyone shoot the 357 any more, or even wheelguns for that matter? It seems as though everyone is high on semi autos, not that I don't own my fair share of them. Does anyone out there still like the big fireball and boom of the 357?
    :draw:

Sure I like and shoot revolvers a lot. My 357 is a SW Mod 66 my dad carried at the Sherrif dept. and I carry that a lot. About every day right now as I like it for archery season carry and just go with it for EDC as well.

I like the revolvers especially for EDC in the woods and around the home place where I may just want to pop off a couple shots for kicks at a squirrel or just a stick in the water. With the semi auto quarter distributor my first thought is always of a stream of quarters disappearing in to the brush or rolling down the dirt in to rocks or water and then crawling around looking for them.

aSixGuns99.jpg

aSmithWesson62.jpg

38, 357, 36 C&B but I like my 44's too.

When I think I'll really need it, I always reach for the 4 something, Redhawk, blackhawks, ROA,...
    aRugerSuperBlackhawk4467.jpg

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Love the 357 magnum in revolver and other platforms too...

Normally carry one too....

Here's the 5 shots

DSC07923Ahdr.jpg

and the rest of the family

rev06637.jpg

jumbopanda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    I was considering a S&W 7 shot .357 magnum revolver for my next purchase, but then just decided to go with a Glock 35 converted to .357 SIG. I'm sure I'll get that .357 wheelgun someday though...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry my Roscoe about 3 to 4 times a month. This is when I want to dress around the gun, or when I want to send the very best. ;)

roscoechair.jpg

Ruger SP-101 - .357 Magnum 3" Barrel
    IBOK 2lb SA / 6lb DA Trigger Job
    Mepro Night Sight
    Complete pistol dehorn and shine job
    Custom Grips

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I like the look of the Rhino, but many don't. I have a 40DS hidden at home, it's a present for my wife on our anniversary this Friday.
    I like the 40DS blue/wood and the 20DS silver like yours. I'd carry a 20DS if I didn't already have a pretty uniquie small 9mm CC gun.

Top Bottom