• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You can't be serious. Democrats, liberals, Obama did not cause the 22 shortage. Or anything to do with voting caused the 22 shortage.
    Seeing the media go ape**** about anything gun related caused the panic. Anything short of a strongly pro 2a president, who might have calmed the people down, wouldn't have mattered much. Probably not going to find such a beast on the left. But you can't say dems/liberals/Obama had nothing to do with it.
    Suckers and Idiots are born every minute, and they vote when they grow older.
    i can't disagree with that.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    MY local GS actually both of them have plenty of 22 LR in stock, I could not tell you the price because I have not had to but any for about 4 years. the only time I shoot the stuff is when I am out squirrel hunting. I think the problem was exasperated by the fact people were hording it like it was the last that was ever going to be made. I am glad it finally calmed down. JMO

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cabela's sold out of golden bullet 500 bulk packs at $48 a piece. :faint:

This "new normal" sucks.

Dang, I got a better deal than that with CCI Minimags at Cabela's. And, well, golden bullets just aren't all that great anyway even when you could find them at < $20 / brick. At $48 they really suck.

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    Dang, I got a better deal than that with CCI Minimags at Cabela's. And, well, golden bullets just aren't all that great anyway even when you could find them at < $20 / brick. At $48 they really suck.

I think that a combination of increasing material costs and high demand proves the market will support 9 to 10 cpr long term (what you're seeing with cci/Remington up ping their prices )

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    If people keep paying it, why would they lower the price?

Exactly...that said, I will pay $12 for a box of 36 grain hollow point Minimags. But they are not for plinking, they are for hunting. I wont pay the 8 or 9 cpr that some people are willing to pay. To each his own I guess....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If people keep paying it, why would they lower the price?

Yeah, even crappy golden bullets sold out for $48/brick. I guess that means there's probably a market for even higher prices. But at least I don't think anyone's going to buy .22LR to flip at that price. I think the "new normal" will eventually settle down to back in the low twenties. I can see why avid .22 fans might pay this much now, having done without for so long, but I can't see that being sustained.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    The Evansville Gander Mtn marks up their 22 ammo locally by about $10 per 500rds over the prices listed on their own website. I have been paying that markup for years. However, I found out last week that they would match the website prices if you can prove to them what it costs on their website. Trouble is that they hide the web pages of any 22 ammo that is sold out online. Tricky me found out that the pages are hidden but still there. Even though the pages wont come up using the Gander Mtn search box you can still pull them up with a Google search. You just type the ammo brand and variety followed by Gander and it is usually the first thing that pops up on Google. Such as you search for Winchester M-22 800rd packs by typing a search...
    m-22 winchester 800 gander
    and the first thing on the list is the page that you need. The store manager was perturbed with me last week because I still had my receipt from the week before and got a $10 refund from it as well as got $10 off the box that I was buying. I have already told several other people about this. I have a feeling everyone will have their phones in hand for some quick web searches at the checkout from now on!

Are all of the Gander Mtn stores doing this local markup on 22 ammo over their own website prices, or is it just the Evansville store?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    The Evansville Gander Mtn marks up their 22 ammo locally by about $10 per 500rds over the prices listed on their own website. I have been paying that markup for years. However, I found out last week that they would match the website prices if you can prove to them what it costs on their website. Trouble is that they hide the web pages of any 22 ammo that is sold out online. Tricky me found out that the pages are hidden but still there. Even though the pages wont come up using the Gander Mtn search box you can still pull them up with a Google search. You just type the ammo brand and variety followed by Gander and it is usually the first thing that pops up on Google. Such as you search for Winchester M-22 800rd packs by typing a search...
    m-22 winchester 800 gander
    and the first thing on the list is the page that you need. The store manager was perturbed with me last week because I still had my receipt from the week before and got a $10 refund from it as well as got $10 off the box that I was buying. I have already told several other people about this. I have a feeling everyone will have their phones in hand for some quick web searches at the checkout from now on!

Are all of the Gander Mtn stores doing this local markup on 22 ammo over their own website prices, or is it just the Evansville store?

Last week I was in the Lafayette store and they had the 800 round packs for 59.99. I passed at that price. I just now googled like you said and found the 49.99 price. Interesting.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Last week I was in the Lafayette store and they had the 800 round packs for 59.99. I passed at that price. I just now googled like you said and found the 49.99 price. Interesting.

Then the Evansville Gander Mtn store is not the only one price gouging 22 ammo at the local level. Hiding the web pages of 22 ammo that is sold out online and then overcharging for it locally seems like a really shady thing for a major retailer to be doing!

I do have a list with prices and links of all the 22LR ammo varieties that I could think of to search for at Gander Mtn. I armed my phone with this info to save time at the checkout from now on. If anyone wants this list I would be happy to pm it to you.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I would tend to say is not just local, but corporate. I doubt local stores have the ability to change the web pages...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, they don't fill your online order with what is on the shelf at the brick and mortar. Even if you choose ship to store, they still fedex a package to the store, no matter if it is on the shelf or not.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Evansville Gander Mtn has a small variety of 22 ammo again today. The person ahead of me asked for a Gander Mtn website price match and was refused by the clerk, rather rudely at that. The clerk asked the manager and he was rather rude about it as well but reluctantly agreed to a Gander website price match. He said that they do not normally price match anything that is sold out online. After the person ahead of me left the clerk turned to me a asked in a rude manner again, "let me guess, you want one of these".

I asked for a Gander Mtn website price match last week and though the manager in charge that day was a bit perturbed with me asking for it he did approve it without a hassle.

I sent an email to Gander corporate to get some clarification on their Gander website price match policy. I asked Gander corporate about this very subject once before and did not receive an answer. I will post the reply if I get one.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Evansville Gander Mtn has a small variety of 22 ammo again today. The person ahead of me asked for a Gander Mtn website price match and was refused by the clerk, rather rudely at that. The clerk asked the manager and he was rather rude about it as well but reluctantly agreed to a Gander website price match. He said that they do not normally price match anything that is sold out online. After the person ahead of me left the clerk turned to me a asked in a rude manner again, "let me guess, you want one of these".

I asked for a Gander Mtn website price match last week and though the manager in charge that day was a bit perturbed with me asking for it he did approve it without a hassle.

I sent an email to Gander corporate to get some clarification on their Gander website price match policy. I asked Gander corporate about this very subject once before and did not receive an answer. I will post the reply if I get one.

I'm not knocking you at all brother. If this is something you feel strongly about, go for it I say. For me however, .22's just aren't worth the hassle of jumping through all these hoops. I'll load me up some 9's or 38's and check back in a few months to see if everything is back to normal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom