• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I'm not knocking you at all brother. If this is something you feel strongly about, go for it I say. For me however, .22's just aren't worth the hassle of jumping through all these hoops. I'll load me up some 9's or 38's and check back in a few months to see if everything is back to normal.

It is something that I feel strongly about, and since this "22 ammo shortage" situation has been going on for 3 years now I don't see a few more months making much of a difference.

Unlike some other shooters, I much prefer shooting 22 rimfire pistols over centerfire pistols. I like that they have very little recoil and that the pistols are for the most part low cost, meaning that I can buy a collection of them for the fraction of the cost of a collection of centerfire pistols. I like that I am able to bring new shooters to the range, especially women and children, and instruct them how to shoot without scaring them with loud ammo and heavy recoil. I am not saying that I don't have centerfire pistols and rifles and never shoot them, just that I prefer rimfire. I am not knocking anyone else's preference to choose otherwise.

I shoot in weekly bowling pin 22LR pistol and 22LR rifle matches. I can easily go through 300 rounds per week if I do well, which I have been doing in the pistol match but have not fared so well in the rifle match. I also shoot rimfire once a month in Steel Challenge competition which adds another 125-175 rounds to my montly total.

I am hoping that Gander corporate will give me a definite answer. If it is their policy not to match prices for items sold out on the Gander Mtn website then so be it. But if their policy says that they are supposed to do it then I would like it done without a hassle. Having the guy in charge one week say yes and the guy in charge the next week say no is very confusing. I am only looking to buy 22 ammo at a fair price and not be gouged for extra money if I can keep from it. If I have to pay the extra cost to keep shooting rimfire then I will do it because I am not stopping my shooting activities.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It is something that I feel strongly about, and since this "22 ammo shortage" situation has been going on for 3 years now I don't see a few more months making much of a difference.

Unlike some other shooters, I much prefer shooting 22 rimfire pistols over centerfire pistols. I like that they have very little recoil and that the pistols are for the most part low cost, meaning that I can buy a collection of them for the fraction of the cost of a collection of centerfire pistols. I like that I am able to bring new shooters to the range, especially women and children, and instruct them how to shoot without scaring them with loud ammo and heavy recoil. I am not saying that I don't have centerfire pistols and rifles and never shoot them, just that I prefer rimfire. I am not knocking anyone else's preference to choose otherwise.

I shoot in weekly bowling pin 22LR pistol and 22LR rifle matches. I can easily go through 300 rounds per week if I do well, which I have been doing in the pistol match but have not fared so well in the rifle match. I also shoot rimfire once a month in Steel Challenge competition which adds another 125-175 rounds to my montly total.

I am hoping that Gander corporate will give me a definite answer. If it is their policy not to match prices for items sold out on the Gander Mtn website then so be it. But if their policy says that they are supposed to do it then I would like it done without a hassle. Having the guy in charge one week say yes and the guy in charge the next week say no is very confusing. I am only looking to buy 22 ammo at a fair price and not be gouged for extra money if I can keep from it. If I have to pay the extra cost to keep shooting rimfire then I will do it because I am not stopping my shooting activities.

Fair enough. We both like throwing lead down range. We just go about it a little differently.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Evansville Gander Mtn has a small variety of 22 ammo again today. The person ahead of me asked for a Gander Mtn website price match and was refused by the clerk, rather rudely at that. The clerk asked the manager and he was rather rude about it as well but reluctantly agreed to a Gander website price match. He said that they do not normally price match anything that is sold out online. After the person ahead of me left the clerk turned to me a asked in a rude manner again, "let me guess, you want one of these".

I asked for a Gander Mtn website price match last week and though the manager in charge that day was a bit perturbed with me asking for it he did approve it without a hassle.

I sent an email to Gander corporate to get some clarification on their Gander website price match policy. I asked Gander corporate about this very subject once before and did not receive an answer. I will post the reply if I get one.

My guess is you won't get an answer. I have also emailed them about a gun being $125 over MSRP and never got a reply.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Evansville Gander Mtn has a small variety of 22 ammo again today. The person ahead of me asked for a Gander Mtn website price match and was refused by the clerk, rather rudely at that. The clerk asked the manager and he was rather rude about it as well but reluctantly agreed to a Gander website price match. He said that they do not normally price match anything that is sold out online. After the person ahead of me left the clerk turned to me a asked in a rude manner again, "let me guess, you want one of these".

I asked for a Gander Mtn website price match last week and though the manager in charge that day was a bit perturbed with me asking for it he did approve it without a hassle.

I sent an email to Gander corporate to get some clarification on their Gander website price match policy. I asked Gander corporate about this very subject once before and did not receive an answer. I will post the reply if I get one.

Ignore the naysayers, please stick with it and let us know. What your local Gander is pulling with the way they are treating you and other customers really irritates me. If other Gander stores are doing it too, I'm tempted to go and try my hand at it just because I don't believe in letting the a--holes win. If they have a policy about not price matching sold-out items, they need to make the policy official. If they don't have that policy, the stores need to shut and price match like they are supposed to.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Ignore the naysayers, please stick with it and let us know. What your local Gander is pulling with the way they are treating you and other customers really irritates me. If other Gander stores are doing it too, I'm tempted to go and try my hand at it just because I don't believe in letting the a--holes win. If they have a policy about not price matching sold-out items, they need to make the policy official. If they don't have that policy, the stores need to shut and price match like they are supposed to.

I agree 100%. No answer from Gander corporate as yet.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    GM has .22 on their site. It says it is out of stock but somehow I ended up with some in my cart. The confirmation email says I just scored!

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Evansville Gander Mtn had various types of 22 ammo in stock this morning at 9am.
    CCI Mini-Mag
    CCI Standard
    Winchester M-22
    Remington Golden Bullet
    They had it in a shopping cart at the front checkout counter. I am not sure if there is any remaining.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    GM has .22 on their site. It says it is out of stock but somehow I ended up with some in my cart. The confirmation email says I just scored!

I got a backordered email today. My card has been charged. We'll see how this pans out.

Ward250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2015
    Down South
    Don't count on it being any better in a few months. Once this presidential election kicks off we will see another surge in ammo. I am getting away from rimfire shooting for a couple years!

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I got a backordered email today. My card has been charged. We'll see how this pans out.

I ordered a Remington Bucket O' Bullets from Gander Mtn Wednesday for $79.99 with free shipping. It was shipped out Thursday and is showing as on the truck for delivery today.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Don't count on it being any better in a few months. Once this presidential election kicks off we will see another surge in ammo. I am getting away from rimfire shooting for a couple years!

I very much agree! This "22 ammo shortage" has been going on for three years plus now. There is no way that it will change for the better in a few months. I would say that the impending election will only make the situation worse. However, I don't know how it could be much worse than it is now. Most retailers already go months at a time without getting any 22 ammo in. The ones that do get 22 ammo in only get a very small supply at a time. Never enough to satisfy the demand for it.

Top Bottom