• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just missed Bucket O Bullets online at GM for $80. Sold out.

GM charged my card, but a 2 day delay. That went on for a month with a weekly e-mail stating on it's way to TH store. Received an e-mail Cancelling my order BUT they were in the TH store for a Ridiculous 151.00 per bucket. I can only guess what happened to mine. I'll NEVER buy squat at a Gander Mountain :noway:

Ward250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2015
    Down South
    I very much agree! This "22 ammo shortage" has been going on for three years plus now. There is no way that it will change for the better in a few months. I would say that the impending election will only make the situation worse. However, I don't know how it could be much worse than it is now. Most retailers already go months at a time without getting any 22 ammo in. The ones that do get 22 ammo in only get a very small supply at a time. Never enough to satisfy the demand for it.

I know there have been runs on ammo in the past, but in all seriousness has there ever been a shortage/outtage situation like we're seeing now? I think we have accepted a "new normal" in the last 6-12 months but I'm curious how these things played out for generations before us?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    It is all over the place out here. Unfortunately it's about $40/500 at most stores. $32.50 for the 325Automatch at most LGS. My go to store has teh the Automatch for like $26. They even had a few buckets last week.
    Seems to be easing up.

Hell I even found Winchester PDX1 in 9mm last week. Buy one get one half off......

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I bought a 1600rd CCI Mini-Mag CPRN Ammo Can at Gander Mtn in Evansville this morning for $119.99 plus tax. There were only 5 cans and I was 5th in line. They sold them at the same price that they offer them for on their website so there was no hassle today. They had a very small selection of other CCI 22 ammo as well (ie. Blazer, AR Tactical, Standard, and Long I believe).

Still no answer from Gander corporate about their policy of matching their own website prices on 22 ammo that is sold out online. I am not expecting to get one after three messages and this much time has passed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last weekend I stopped by a Dick's Sporting Goods and they had CCI Maxi Mag for $10 per 100, limit one package per person. I was happy enough just to see it on the shelves, but there was a decent little pile of it so I actually bought one. That's the first time I bought 22lr ammo over the counter in I don't know how long. I don't think you all want to drive all the way south of lexington to this store, but hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Last weekend I stopped by a Dick's Sporting Goods and they had CCI Maxi Mag for $10 per 100, limit one package per person. I was happy enough just to see it on the shelves, but there was a decent little pile of it so I actually bought one. That's the first time I bought 22lr ammo over the counter in I don't know how long. I don't think you all want to drive all the way south of lexington to this store, but hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

CCI Maxi-Mag is not 22LR ammunition. It is 22 WMR or more commonly called 22 Magnum, and if that is what you bought you got it at a really good price! If it was CCI Mini-Mag then you bought it at an inflated premium price, but still not extremely bad if you needed 22 ammo and have had a hard time finding it in your area.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I stand corrected. It was some kind of CCI Max something 22lr ammo. I rarely if ever bought CCI ammo so I've never been that up to speed on all their different makes and models. It's a solid bullet, no hollow point and it's plated, not bare lead. Beyond that I didn't really care since it was real life 22lr on the shelf. Buying 100rds for the not-so great of $10 was like touching a unicorn. I'm hoping it happens again sooner rather than later.

exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    I haven't shot any of my .22 rifles or pistols since the shortages started. At the still high prices, I find it cheaper to handgun plink with my 38 Spl. I am a long time re-loader and am loading 38 Spl for well under the average for .22s. Now the rifle is a different story. No real easy switch within my gun collection. Found some hard cast lead for my 30/30 and that makes it close to being a viable alternate.
    Been shooting for over 45 years and although not poor, i'm darned if I am going to pay these ridiculous prices to plink with.22. Heck I can load my 45 COlt for .13 a round! That 45 Blackhawk is a bunch of fun to shoot. I also have a 45 ACP cylinder for the Blackhawk and can shoot those under .11 a round.
    If things dont change in the next 12 months, I am getting rid of all my .22 with the exception of my Ruger Target Mk1. That is one sweet .22 I really love to shoot.
    People used to buy the .22 for its low cost for plinking and target use. Heck I also use my 44 Caliber Remmies and Colts for FUN plinking and its cheap, I cast my own .454 round balls and use 24G of Pyrodex Pistol, Also a fun and cheap way to target shoot and general plinking.
    So Yep. Im ready to exit the .22 circus!
    Keep it in the black and have a great day
    Roger

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    The price on 22 ammo has not really gone up. I can still buy 22 ammo on average for 5 cents per round. The high prices that you see at a lot of places are due to those retailers taking advantage of the shortage to charge more for 22 ammo even though they are getting it at/around the same cost that they always have. Retailers like Walmart and Midway USA are among the few that have kept their prices within a dollar or two per 500 rounds of what they were before this "shortage". Other major retailers jumped right on the price gouge bandwagon and doubled or even tripled their prices on any 22 ammo that they were able to obtain. It sometimes takes months of wait on my part in order to get ammo at the regular cost because of the limited amount of 22 ammo that comes in to any one particular store at any one time. However, I am not going to pay double or triple the cost to get something quickly as long as I do not have to.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I was recently in Nebraska and Pennsylvania. I found 22 ammo in abundance in both states at about a nickle a round.

Something very strange is going on...,

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was recently in Nebraska and Pennsylvania. I found 22 ammo in abundance in both states at about a nickle a round.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I'm not going to be the guy to wipe out an entire shelf, but the day when I can buy several bricks for that amount and leave plenty on the shelf for the next guy/family I'm going to do it.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, if you are in the Indy area, Point Blank Range in Carmel still has a decent little pile (only little in comparison to the 2 million or so rounds they started with) of 500 round bricks of Remington Thunderbolt for $29.99 each, with no limit. That puts it just shy of $.06 a round. Not too bad these days and you can just walk in an buy it, rather than making multiple trips to Walmart hoping to luck out or sitting on online all day, ready to click a deal.

Granted, I'd really be more comfortable if they were selling for $20 or less, like they used to, but these days, you take what you can get.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Saw the same thing in northern Alabama 2 weeks ago. Guy at the place I was working at directed to where he goes for his ammo, said there was no shortage in that neck of the woods. I saw more rimfire ammo on the shelf there than I've seen the last 2 years, combined! Multiple makers and types, most of the regular lr was about 6 or 7 cents a round. Needless to say, I stocked up.
    Yeah, there is something verrryyy strange going on.

Top Bottom