• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I poped into a local gun store I frequent now and then a few days ago. They had Winchester 555, "no limit" for $65.99 a box.

Now there's a deal folks!

They also had SK Standard Plus for the amazing low price of $99.99 a brick.
    Of course you can order the equivalent on line for $65.00 a brick.

Hey the "deals" are out there, just waiting for the next sucker.

They did have quite a few Schultz & Larson .22 Target rifles for $299, which in reality I do think is a good value on a used target rifle.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    From what I have heard.... Take that for what it is worth.... Seems like early in the morning. Stocking the shelves about 8 am. It depends on the stores. They probably get trucks in 24 7.

Not necessarily. On Wednesday evenings about 6pm I've walked into my neighborhood Wal-Mart and ask the guy working the sporting goods department if he's stocked inventory from the truck yet. He'd smile, say no and go wonder off. About 15 - 20 minutes later he'll show up with a cart full of boxes. He'd pull a box off the cart and cut open a case of rimfire. This has happened to me on three occasions in the last year and a half. Federal Automatch, CCI Mini-Mag, and Remington Target. That's been a few months ago.

This last month I've brought home from my favorite Gun Store 975 round of Automatch @ $0.0625/round OTD.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Really don't see the point of shooting .22 anymore. With what I have in reloading .380 and 9s, its actually cheaper to shoot reloads. I still have 4000 plus rounds, over 2000 are Mini Mags. The rest are Thunderbolts that I would consider selling. Just don't ever shoot .22 unless I am squirrel hunting, then its only CCIs.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Really don't see the point of shooting .22 anymore. With what I have in reloading .380 and 9s, its actually cheaper to shoot reloads. I still have 4000 plus rounds, over 2000 are Mini Mags. The rest are Thunderbolts that I would consider selling. Just don't ever shoot .22 unless I am squirrel hunting, then its only CCIs.
    My gun loves thunderbolts, if you ever consider selling 'em I'll gladly take them off your hands for cash or in exchange for .380/9mm brass ammo.
    I can find plenty locally, so I'm not hurting for .22, but I refuse to pay .10/rd for thunderbolts and golden bullets.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think it's finally ending... I've purchased a few thousand rounds of .22 LR in the last week. I'd gotten so frustrated that I sold my two rifles. Got a Kadet adapter and shopping for another rifle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's finally ending... I've purchased a few thousand rounds of .22 LR in the last week. I'd gotten so frustrated that I sold my two rifles. Got a Kadet adapter and shopping for another rifle.

If you come across a few bricks of .22, it would be unthinkable not to get a new gun to go with it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

So you just went to Walmart and picked them off the shelf? Went to the Midway site and selected the brand of bulk pack you wanted?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gander, Dick's, and Walmart (and got some through the classifieds here).
    I'm happy that supply seems to be coming back, but it still sounds as if you need to work to shop for it. You shouldn't have to go to four places to pick up a few thousand rounds of .22LR. We must not forget how we got in this stupid mess...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm happy that supply seems to be coming back, but it still sounds as if you need to work to shop for it. You shouldn't have to go to four places to pick up a few thousand rounds of .22LR. We must not forget how we got in this stupid mess...

Sigh. It used to be easy to buy bulk .22 (~5,000/case).

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The new point blank range and store in Carmel has ~750,000 rounds in 500 rd bricks @ $.06 per round ($29.99 ea). I'm on my phone and can't remember details, see the "new range in carmel" thread, I posted it there. Plus cci mini mags $29.99/ 300 rd. couple other brands, all in good quantity.

Top Bottom