• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Went to the fair last night. Only saw one stand that made a pork chop look better than what I could do at home.

Also saw family leisure had an outdoor kitchen setup with a blue kamado type unit.

Man was that $2000 junk. Hinge wouldn't keep the lid open where ever you wanted it to be, gasket was lame, overall looked very cheap for the $$

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Eye of round roast on the grill this morning. Then to the fridge for a bit and sliced for Italian beefs. Now into the pot of fresh beef broth, white pepper, Italian seasoning, and giardiniera

View attachment 294095

View attachment 294096
    I always do shredded for my italian beef just toss the roast in the crock for ….. all day. Some beef broth random seasonings and jar of peppers.

Yours looks fancier though and might even taste better

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I always do shredded for my italian beef just toss the roast in the crock for ….. all day. Some beef broth random seasonings and jar of peppers.

Heck I bought the slicer specifically for making Italian Beefs like 10 years ago. It's really all I ever use it for, but I do make Italian beefs once a month or so

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Heck I bought the slicer specifically for making Italian Beefs like 10 years ago. It's really all I ever use it for, but I do make Italian beefs once a month or so
    What about heavy fast smoke….. cool it slice it…. Then into juices to finish cooking / marinate….

I have a slicer….. still in the box lol

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Had our final contest of the year this weekend. Won the ambassadors award, 1st in chicken, 3rd in chili, ribs and pulled pork were just outside the top 3. and we won 1st overall.

Chicken appearance wasn't as good as I had hoped, but we nailed everything else on it.
    IMG_1823.jpg
    Chili was probably just a tad too hot for the judges, but that is just luck of the draw with judges, only lost by 2 points to first in chili.

IMG_1821.jpg

Didn't get a picture of the ribs, but the racks we received were super thin so we were bummed from the start, they turned out pretty well, but being really thin, they came out just a bit overdone.

Pulled pork turned out amazing, it is usually decided by what sauce the judges like more in backyard contests. we have won and finished last with the same recipe over the years.
    IMG_1824.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Since we added cooking to this thread, I figured I'd share this. Homemade ravioli. I made the noodles, sauce and filling from scratch. Turned out damn good. I've made pasta from scratch before, this is the first time I tried making a stuffed pasta. Took about 3 hours start to table. Sides were phoned in though, store bought garlic bread and salad.

Attachments

• 20230824_180007.jpg
      20230824_180007.jpg
      378 KB · Views: 2

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Since we added cooking to this thread, I figured I'd share this. Homemade ravioli. I made the noodles, sauce and filling from scratch. Turned out damn good. I've made pasta from scratch before, this is the first time I tried making a stuffed pasta. Took about 3 hours start to table. Sides were phoned in though, store bought garlic bread and salad.
    Looks delicious to me. I love ravioli but no one else in the house does, so never attempted scratch made

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

I don't have a slicer so always did the shredded method with a roast in the crock pot as well. I decided to cheat one time and tried thin sliced roast beef from the deli and it turned out really good. I buy when it's on sale and put it in the crock pot with the broth, spices, pepperocini etc. that has been pre-heated. About 1-1.5 hours and it's good to go. Any longer and the beef starts to get overcooked.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't have a slicer so always did the shredded method with a roast in the crock pot as well. I decided to cheat one time and tried thin sliced roast beef from the deli and it turned out really good. I buy when it's on sale and put it in the crock pot with the broth, spices, pepperocini etc. that has been pre-heated. About 1-1.5 hours and it's good to go. Any longer and the beef starts to get overcooked.
    We've done this before. For a quick and easy hot roast beef sandwich though we buy it sliced fresh from the deli and heat it up on the stove top in some au jus. Damn sight better than Arby's. Otherwise, we do a roast in the crock pot and shred it.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    20230825_095549.jpg

A pile of homemade buttermilk biscuits and a pound of bacon.

20230825_100615.jpg

INGO sized bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

20230825_100922.jpg

Good morning INGO.
    If you can't tell I'm enjoying my paternity leave. Cooking what I love for the people I love. It's the most fun you can have while cooking

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom