• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Sausage, onions, peppers, and garlic on the griddle. Red pepper flakes after cause the wife is soft...

QYLwwMnl.jpg

yAkUcxNl.jpg

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Happy with the pulled pork, starting to doubt my thermometer though, seasoned with pepper, salt and garlic, spritzed with apple juice, reached an internal temp of 202 in only 8! Hours. The sides ended up on the ground unfortunately.

80A74F5E-576D-4A4B-96AC-F769D1CFB611.jpeg
    038DA9DB-84CC-42EB-80CA-AC1162B59B88.jpeg
    EDB5A0F9-D115-4185-9872-DB20ABC2A310.jpeg
    ED0044BB-763B-4B5B-80FD-815C44A6F454.jpeg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've looked at those. They look very nice. They are also have a price tag to go with them looking very nice.
    Yes, but worth it. I spent at least the equivalent cost on various types of remote probes that always ended up failing and that had middling to poor apps. Meater has a great app, with top-notch functionality (you can chart the cook, select cook profiles based on type and cut of meat (with an enormous selection), and doneness. It estimates remaining cook time based on internal and ambient temperatures. And it estimates the resting time to reach your desired final temperature, letting you know exactly when to remove from heat/rest. And with the Meater block, you get that functionality, times 4.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My wife likes chicken breasts and to be honest I’m not a huge fan of chicken so that’s what we mostly get….. I went grocery shopping which I rarely do and I saw a pack of boneless thighs on clearance I’m sure they were gonna turn soon….. so I bought them and froze them two days ago I took them out and poured some sticky sweet stubs on them let them thaw in that…. Threw those on the grill tonight….. I sparked a new love for chicken. Nothing fancy and they were great.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    My wife likes chicken breasts and to be honest I’m not a huge fan of chicken so that’s what we mostly get….. I went grocery shopping which I rarely do and I saw a pack of boneless thighs on clearance I’m sure they were gonna turn soon….. so I bought them and froze them two days ago I took them out and poured some sticky sweet stubs on them let them thaw in that…. Threw those on the grill tonight….. I sparked a new love for chicken. Nothing fancy and they were great.
    thighs and legs for me, chicken breasts are dry and tasteless

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    thighs and legs for me, chicken breasts are dry and tasteless
    I don’t like legs because of all the stupid tendons…. I will take thighs and wings but I agree breasts are garbage. It’s funny because most countries are opposite us. And breasts are the garbage

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I don’t like legs because of all the stupid tendons…. I will take thighs and wings but I agree breasts are garbage. It’s funny because most countries are opposite us. And breasts are the garbage
    All chicken will benefit from a dairy marinade but legs in particular are way better if you soak them overnight in buttermilk. Helps break down some of that collagen which can make legs stringy. Highly encourage everyone to buy some legs on sale and give it a try.
    https://ohshecooks.com/soak-chicken-in-milk/

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    All chicken will benefit from a dairy marinade but legs in particular are way better if you soak them overnight in buttermilk. Helps break down some of that collagen which can make legs stringy. Highly encourage everyone to buy some legs on sale and give it a try.
    https://ohshecooks.com/soak-chicken-in-milk/
    Done deal. I will look for quarters so if I still don’t like legs atleast I have a thigh to save the day

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Made a long-time favorite yesterday on the griddle: quesadillas. What used to be a significant production (marinate/grill/slice the meat, while cooking vegetables individually inside, then assembling one at a time in a skillet) goes so much faster with the griddle.

I prefer skirt steak, but Kroger only had flank. It still worked well. I make my own marinade (cilantro, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt/pepper, lime juice, avocado oil) and give the steak a 2-hour bath in it before grilling.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the finished product. They, uh, got eaten too quickly.

20230819_165531.jpg20230819_162948.jpg
    20230819_174540.jpg20230819_174536.jpg

And the cleanup is dead simple, with a good seasoning:
    20230819_181627.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom