Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just tossed some country style ribs on the smoker. Smoke them for a couple hours while I'm at church, and then braise/steam them low and slow all afternoon to get them nice and tender.

Then maybe on the hot grill for a few minutes to give them a bit of a crust.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Stalled at 153, covered with foil, and bought coals into the right side of the cooking area. Shooting for dinner, good or bad.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Decided to do a cleaning burn. Held at 625⁰ for about an hour. Figured once it stopped making a smoke screen it was probably finished. I'll check my efforts in a few hours.

Hope my neighbors aren't expecting an invite :-D

20230903_112823.jpg

Eagle21

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 23, 2017
    Hamilton Co. / Marion Co.
    Wife asked me to grill “something” for her birthday. Was at Costco the other day and couldn’t pass up the two pack boneless pork shoulders. I personally enjoy the bone-in shoulders if not for anything else the glorious moment of pulling the bone out when it’s done. I don’t know what it is but it’s like a victory celebration after hours of preparation and cooking.

For these I took them out yesterday morning around noon. Rinsed with water and dried with a paper towel spent a little time trimming the excessive fat cap. Used some mustard as a base and liberal amounts of salt pepper garlic and meat church honey hog and some butcher string to try and keep some uniformity of the overall shape. In my experience the honey hog give the bark a great color. I let it sit in the fridge all day. Before putting it on the grill I patted dry with a paper towel and put on another round of seasoning.

Planned to put it on at midnight but got tired and ended up putting it on about 11pm last night set at 180°. Some fifteen hours later they hit 160°.

I pre heated a little apple juice and Busch beer- just to avoid having to warm it up on the grill and poured it in the pan with some brown sugar and butter on top and cranked up the heat. After another hour or so and sixteen hours later they hit 201°.

Let it rest about and hour. Probably could have let it rest a bit longer but everyone was hungry. Used a fat separator for the liquid in the pan and put about 1/4 cup of the au jus back onto the meat once pulled/shredded.

Bagged up the left overs in 1/2# bags for a quick dinner and sent guests home with some.

They were very good! Great bark and the fat was rendered down very well.
    It’s really tough to beat the ease and bang for your buck of a pork shoulder. IMG_1195.jpegIMG_1194.jpegIMG_1196.jpeg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pulled the ribs off between 195 and 205, all of which probed tender.
    I could do better, I needed a better rub than the McCormicks I used on these, it has to much salt.

View attachment 297025
    Check out the Weber rubs. I'm quite partial to their Kansas City rub.
    Cowboy Kent Rollins also has some outstanding seasonings. I used his mesquite seasoning and Original seasoning on my country style ribs today Everybody loved it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Check out the Weber rubs. I'm quite partial to their Kansas City rub.
    Cowboy Kent Rollins also has some outstanding seasonings. I used his mesquite seasoning and Original seasoning on my country style ribs today Everybody loved it.

I follow Cowboy Kent on YT and he makes some darn tasty looking grub.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If you guys haven’t given Everglades “cactus dust” a try I highly recommend it… you will have to order online unless you're taking a vacation south sometime soon they have it in Publix. I believe it is the best seasoning/rub there is for bbq / smoker. Going to check out the other couple that were mentioned here too.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone want to guess where I got these?

20230904_164751.jpg

Two USDA Certified Prime 14oz NY Strips.

20230904_172439.jpg
    Marinated in some Kinders brown sugar rub and olive oil. Now what I'm about to do to these steaks, some on here may call sacrilegious, but when you eat grilled steak more often than most people, sometimes a different flavor is a nice change. 20230904_181222.jpg
    Pan seared on each side for about 4 minutes on high heat with butter and olive oil infused with garlic and rosemary rested and then seared again for about two minutes to finish. Pan roasted potatoes and broiled parmesan/lemon pepper asparagus. Now some may think it's ruined.

20230904_181526.jpg

20230904_181620.jpg

It most certainly is not. Perfect rare/medium rare and a crispy charred crust. Delicious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom