• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Smoked ribs, 6 hours on a pellet smoker.

Pit Boss 850 Pro pellet grill, is a beauty.

Before:
    0dbe96272bdac9640683b31f1a69356c.jpg

3 hours:
    ebc59bdf95077aef088c3f0b0dbe2c6a.jpg

5 hours:
    818b035974821a7cbea868e321778496.jpg

Done.
    0344a652fd53706bdd61e1944d96ddfc.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Had some pork cube steak that I didn't feel like frying so I seasoned them up and threw them on the Itty bitty weber. I put a red brick in the grill to help with a 2 zone fire and threw some apple chunks on top of the Kingsford briquettes. Let them smoke for a while and they were sooo good. Definitely doing it again.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My RecTeq Bullseye is a few years old and last week the grill temp probe died. No biggie. As usual, their customer service was excellent. Got a new one headed this way. Between my two RecTeqs I have three meat probes, two of which have died, so I got a pair of those as well.

Roughed it using the Weber for a few days. Nice to know I still remember how to light a real fire. When I got the Bullseye, I thought about getting rid of the Weber. But I have the room to stash it away so out to the barn she went. I was shocked that my two year old charcoal was still good.

Saturday we were going tubing on the mighty Tippecanoe River with a group of friends. Diner at our place after. The group requested al pastor tacos. The thing about floating on a river is you never know exactly how long it will take. The great thing about the Bull is the wifi and app that lets you monitor and adjust the grill from anywhere. I put the pork on the Bull at 10AM right when we were leaving the house. Set the Bull to 180 and plugged in what I thought was my last good meat probe. Only it too decided to die right about then, it read 26°. Without the meat probe, I was concerned it would overcook before we got back. I dumped two beers in the pan to add a little moisture, just in case.

We made it home around 6 and there was a large RecTeq box in the driveway. I was like, that box is a little big for a temp probe. Wife was like, thought you could use an upgrade...

vKFLY1Gl.jpg

Anyways, the meat was at 150°, perfect. Cranked the grill up to 375° to crisp up the outside and 45 minutes later it was done.

So about the upgrade, RecTeq came out with a deluxe model Bullseye a while back. The main difference is it has the same wifi controller as the Bull, oh, and a redesigned firepot that lets it hit 1000°. Now I can't remember a time I felt the need to grill something at 1000°, but I guess that's cool. To me the single greatest improvement they made is to raise the cooking surface to a comfortable height for someone taller than a midget...

cvdA0f8l.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The pastrami turned out great. The last one I did I soaked the corned beed in clean water, changing it a couple of times to remove some of the salt before I rubbed and smoked it (as I'd seen on a video). This time I just rinsed the corned beef off before applying the black pepper/coriander seed coating and smoking. The flavor was much better this time and not too salty. We ended up just slicing it up and munching on it before dinner.
    TFmwijOh.jpg

The chuck roast locked up on me at 198*F and stayed there for at least three hours before I went to bed, forgetting all about it :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:. I got up yesterday morning and remembered it was on the egg. Went to check and it was still around 156" internal so I tossed it in the fridge for a few hours. When I unwrapped it, it was as dried out as you might expect. I shredded it, tossed it into a pot with a jar of roasted salsa verde my mother in law made from our garden last year and it turned it into a great burrito or enchilada filling. Not what I'd planned initially but at least it won't go to waste.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My RecTeq Bullseye is a few years old and last week the grill temp probe died. No biggie. As usual, their customer service was excellent. Got a new one headed this way. Between my two RecTeqs I have three meat probes, two of which have died, so I got a pair of those as well.

Roughed it using the Weber for a few days. Nice to know I still remember how to light a real fire. When I got the Bullseye, I thought about getting rid of the Weber. But I have the room to stash it away so out to the barn she went. I was shocked that my two year old charcoal was still good.

Saturday we were going tubing on the mighty Tippecanoe River with a group of friends. Diner at our place after. The group requested al pastor tacos. The thing about floating on a river is you never know exactly how long it will take. The great thing about the Bull is the wifi and app that lets you monitor and adjust the grill from anywhere. I put the pork on the Bull at 10AM right when we were leaving the house. Set the Bull to 180 and plugged in what I thought was my last good meat probe. Only it too decided to die right about then, it read 26°. Without the meat probe, I was concerned it would overcook before we got back. I dumped two beers in the pan to add a little moisture, just in case.

We made it home around 6 and there was a large RecTeq box in the driveway. I was like, that box is a little big for a temp probe. Wife was like, thought you could use an upgrade...

vKFLY1Gl.jpg

Anyways, the meat was at 150°, perfect. Cranked the grill up to 375° to crisp up the outside and 45 minutes later it was done.

So about the upgrade, RecTeq came out with a deluxe model Bullseye a while back. The main difference is it has the same wifi controller as the Bull, oh, and a redesigned firepot that lets it hit 1000°. Now I can't remember a time I felt the need to grill something at 1000°, but I guess that's cool. To me the single greatest improvement they made is to raise the cooking surface to a comfortable height for someone taller than a midget...

cvdA0f8l.jpg
    That's a mighty nice surprise.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I did a 13 pound packer brisket on the Traeger for a family gathering yesterday. It turned out pretty good other than being a littler drier than I would have liked. No one complained so I call that a good day. This was only my second packer and I'm still learning but now have a few ideas on how to improve it the next time. Eventually, I will try one on the Smokey Mountain.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have some hunks of sirloin and shrimp marinating for shish-kabobs. Looks like they'll have to marinate another day as it hasn't stopped raining since noon today

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom