d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We have a thread related to all things cooking, grilling, smoking, etc. Lots of pics, recipes, tips, etc there.

Will merge this thread into the thread linked below

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just put a small pastrami and a garlic sriracha seasoned chuck roast on the smoker. Never smoked a chuck roast before so we'll see how it goes.
    l4WTICfh.jpg

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Just put a small pastrami and a garlic sriracha seasoned chuck roast on the smoker. Never smoked a chuck roast before so we'll see how it goes.
    l4WTICfh.jpg
    Chuck roast (pit beef) is one of my favorites. Cheap, easy, feeds a crowd…and less temperamental than brisket. Not saying it replaces brisket but we love them here.
    here is pretty much exactly how I do it on my BGE.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Chuck roast (pit beef) is one of my favorites. Cheap, easy, feeds a crowd…and less temperamental than brisket. Not saying it replaces brisket but we love them here.
    here is pretty much exactly how I do it on my BGE.
    Stumbled across that video a few days ago which is when I pulled the chuck out of the freezer. I just wrapped the roast, the pastrami got to 208* internal but was in foil for the past few hours so hopefully it's not too dried out. I like it sliced as thin as I can get it anyway so being dry isn't too much of a concern.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Was planning on buying a 22" weber kettle today but decided the money could be put to better use and picked up a 14" weber smokey joe instead. I'll keep using the Brinkmann for the long cooks or when theres a bunch of meat. I was getting tired of propane grills and wanted charcoal. It's small but big enough for the 5 of us. Did 8 burgers on it for supper. I had a 14" Walmart grill when my wife and I were in an apartment but the vents sucked, I really like the weber vent locations

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Was planning on buying a 22" weber kettle today but decided the money could be put to better use and picked up a 14" weber smokey joe instead. I'll keep using the Brinkmann for the long cooks or when theres a bunch of meat. I was getting tired of propane grills and wanted charcoal. It's small but big enough for the 5 of us. Did 8 burgers on it for supper. I had a 14" Walmart grill when my wife and I were in an apartment but the vents sucked, I really like the weber vent locations
    There's little you can't do with a Weber and a little ingenuity. I was a dedicated Weber kettle guy for ten years, that's what I learned to smoke meat on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom