Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seven days after he receives it. It has to be signed by the Speaker of the House, President of the Senate (aka Lt. Gov) and then it goes to Holcomb

At this writing, the Speaker has signed it.
    How long is the session? Can he veto at the last second and leave not enough time to revote for the override?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Boy, does this sound familiar…

”The measure was previously stuck in the Legislature’s Judiciary Committee, before it got pulled to the floor under a rarely used rule that caused a minor controversy of its own.”

“Police departments in both Lincoln and Omaha, the state’s biggest cities, have come out against the measure as well.”

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    From the article, this is a real Pinocchio right here:

“In addition to giving criminals easier access to weapons, OPD is worried it could hurt efforts to remove hundreds of illegal firearms from the streets.”

It’s really funny how things like this are said and written and no one really gives them a second thought or questions them. This defies common sense. How could permitless carry do these things? I’d love to see an attempt at a sensible explanation. I suppose bad guys are turning in these guns because they’re not allowed to carry them and cannot or will not get a permit. So they’re coming off the streets now, but permitless carry will keep them there? Patent absurdity!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Boy, does this sound familiar…

”The measure was previously stuck in the Legislature’s Judiciary Committee, before it got pulled to the floor under a rarely used rule that caused a minor controversy of its own.”

“Police departments in both Lincoln and Omaha, the state’s biggest cities, have come out against the measure as well.”

So AL just went ConC, OH, GA and IN are about to and NE may go ConC as well? Will that put us at 26 states with ConC if they all pass? As good as I thought having half the states in the nation with ConC, having over half, even by one is even better. Hopefully gives more leverage for other states to get this passed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So he doesn't actively veto it, thinking that "the people don't want it".

He could just ignore it, which would be fine by me, as it still becomes law that way, but actively signing it and making it law would be better optics for someone running for US Senate.

$0.02

Blessings
    Bill
    I can't speak for everyone, but my thought is if enough of us are hounding him to sign, he won't think he could get away with a veto, and will at least let it go into effect by ignoring it.
    Are you guys afraid the Senate won't overturn the veto?

I just don't see the reason for caring. I think I would rather see him veto it. See it get overturned, and hopefully it adversely affects any chance he has at a Senate run. I want to be done with the idiot once his term is done.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Are you guys afraid the Senate won't overturn the veto?

I just don't see the reason for caring. I think I would rather see him veto it. See it get overturned, and hopefully it adversely affects any chance he has at a Senate run. I want to be done with the idiot once his term is done.
    We don't want to wait for next session. And we don't want to have to worry about the revote with the shenanigans pulled so far. For instance, I don't know if there's any more committee things to be concerned with when overturning a veto.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    A couple days ago on WIBC Rob Kendall predicted Holcomb would veto it, and either it wouldn’t be taken up again next session, or enough Republicans would go soft on opposing the Governor that they wouldn’t have the votes to override.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    A couple days ago on WIBC Rob Kendall predicted Holcomb would veto it, and either it wouldn’t be taken up again next session, or enough Republicans would go soft on opposing the Governor that they wouldn’t have the votes to override.
    That's a huge tell from RINO Eric if he doesn't sign it...

1. All he has to do is sign it and move on. He may just get my future vote for Senate. Anyway- if he signs it, who would he p-o that would already not vote for him- angry 'D's?
    2. He doesn't have to sign it and its automatic. Still weak.
    3. Veto- and he gets overridden. Worse case look for RINO Eric. I will not vote for and actively oppose his future political aspirations.
    4. Veto- and 'R's don't have the stones to override. Worse for 'R's. They DO NOT get my vote going forward. I don't care if they voted for it or not.

The 'R's need to have a real sit down with ol' RINO Eric and show him the light. Just sign it and everyone can move on.

At this point, it appears that RINO Eric really doesn't support the 2A.

Could be a sad day for Indiana 'R's.

I'm blabbering since all of this has already been said at nauseum...

:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom