Not open for further replies.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Based on KF's summary, I think we're waiting on it to finished being reviewed by the Attorney General (whose office is a big pro on this bill, and the senate committee abused that opportunity to try to embarrass and attack his office).

Like, Timjoebillybob said, it seems like the House Speaker and Senate President have signed it: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2022/bills/house/1296

The 2A Project posted this link (It'll be listed as HEA 1296):
    https://www.in.gov/gov/newsroom/2022-bill-watch/

We can see when it hits the governor's desk and when he has to sign it by, too.
    @JEBland, thank you for the link!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    May that the Hoosier state RAPIDLY joins the rest of these states who recognize the RIGHT to keep and bear arms without first seeking permission from the state;

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Sorry I have been out of town taking a much needed break after this session.
    To answer your question, I have a service that I pay for to track bills, not sure if there is a version for the public other than in.gov to track.
    I just looked at HB1296 and it doesn’t show the speaker of the house or the President Pro Tem have signed it yet. They have to sign before it goes to the Governor. This is not unusual for a delay on signing. I will keep watch and post what I see.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sorry I have been out of town taking a much needed break after this session.
    To answer your question, I have a service that I pay for to track bills, not sure if there is a version for the public other than in.gov to track.
    I just looked at HB1296 and it doesn’t show the speaker of the house or the President Pro Tem have signed it yet. They have to sign before it goes to the Governor. This is not unusual for a delay on signing. I will keep watch and post what I see.
    Are you looking at the iga.in.gov site or a secret squirrel site? I see signed by both on the iga.in site

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It doesnt like firefox for some reason, I have to open it in edge
    I've noticed that too. Sometimes Firefox works, sometimes gotta use Edge. Different computer (same OS and browser) makes a difference too.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We are getting SO CLOSE!! A few more days of phone calls and clicking the TELL Eric link. It's not time to buy cigars (Monte Cristo maybe?) and good bourbon (hhhhhmmmm) yet.

MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on March 10th signed House Bill 272, known as the constitutional carry bill, into law, defending law abiding Alabamians’ Second Amendment rights.

“Unlike states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights,” said Governor Ivey. “I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again today.”

In April 2019 at the NRA Annual Meeting of Members you said, “Removing any and all barriers for lawful carry in our state is significant for the many Hoosier gun owners who want to protect themselves and others.”

In 2019 you sounded a lot like Governor Ivey did last week.

Sign HB 1296 into law.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    We are getting SO CLOSE!! A few more days of phone calls and clicking the TELL Eric link. It's not time to buy cigars (Monte Cristo maybe?) and good bourbon (hhhhhmmmm) yet.

MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on March 10th signed House Bill 272, known as the constitutional carry bill, into law, defending law abiding Alabamians’ Second Amendment rights.

“Unlike states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights,” said Governor Ivey. “I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again today.”

In April 2019 at the NRA Annual Meeting of Members you said, “Removing any and all barriers for lawful carry in our state is significant for the many Hoosier gun owners who want to protect themselves and others.”

Sign HB 1296 into law.

For better or worse, I kept my note a little simpler:

"Please sign HB 1296

Sir, Hoosiers are watching, more now than ever. If you have future political aspirations, do the right thing. I've never been politically active, only a solid conservative vote. Now that's not enough. I WILL become active and work against you if you don't do the right thing and uphold the oath you took to the Constitution.

Respectfully,"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Sign HB 1296 into law.

Done...again.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Done:

“I am writing to demand that you sign HB 1296 into law.

We are keenly aware of this recent promise and are watching closely to see how faithful you are in fulfilling it. Second Amendment infringements at the Federal level always rank near the top when it comes to gravest concerns of conservative Hoosier voters like myself. Federal officials (and those seeking Federal office) will do well to keep this in mind when it comes to gaining and retaining our support as constituents.

Your time to serve the interests of Hoosiers like myself is rapidly coming to a close. How can we count on you to do so as a United States Senator if we can’t count on you as our Governor?”

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Done:

“I am writing to demand that you sign HB 1296 into law.

We are keenly aware of this recent promise and are watching closely to see how faithful you are in fulfilling it. Second Amendment infringements at the Federal level always rank near the top when it comes to gravest concerns of conservative Hoosier voters like myself. Federal officials (and those seeking Federal office) will do well to keep this in mind when it comes to gaining and retaining our support as constituents.

Your time to serve the interests of Hoosiers like myself is rapidly coming to a close. How can we count on you to do so as a United States Senator if we can’t count on you as our Governor?”
    Sent one this morning, and I am plaigerizing @tbhausen without remorse to send another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom