KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The VAWA. I guess I could have put it in that thread...
    I heard something about this yesterday, none of us in the NRA booth had any SA. I'll reach out to my POC tomorrow and see if he has any SA.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Need to rename the below linked site to TELL Eric (to sign HB 1296)

MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on Thursday signed House Bill 272, known as the constitutional carry bill, into law, defending law abiding Alabamians’ Second Amendment rights.

“Unlike states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights,” said Governor Ivey. “I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again today.”

In April 2019 at the NRA Annual Meeting of Members you said, “Removing any and all barriers for lawful carry in our state is significant for the many Hoosier gun owners who want to protect themselves and others.”

In 2019 you sounded a lot like Governor Ivey did on Thursday.

Sign HB 1296 into law.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I heard something about this yesterday, none of us in the NRA booth had any SA. I'll reach out to my POC tomorrow and see if he has any SA.

How this reads to me: "I heard something about this yesterday, none of us in the National Rifle Association booth had any Springfield Armory. I'll reach out to my People Of Color tomorrow and see if he has any Springfield Armory."

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How this reads to me: "I heard something about this yesterday, none of us in the National Rifle Association booth had any Springfield Armory. I'll reach out to my People Of Color tomorrow and see if he has any Springfield Armory."
    Point of Contact...

Situational Awareness...

If the VP is such a VIP shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT ;)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Accusing NRA of selling us out based on something someone heard that someone else might have said, because of something they thought they read...is not helpful. IF NRA "sold us out", and I have a hard time believing they did, they should hear from us, but let`s have hard facts before we gather torches and pitchforks.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They don’t have to wait until next year to call a special session.
    Was that successfully changed recently? I thought the entire reason Holcomb was allowed to rule this state like a damn dictator all through 2020 was that the legislature was prohibited from calling their own special sessions.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any way it can still be tracked to see where it`s at and when it hits his desk?
    Not sure if it can be tracked to his desk or not, but under bill actions on HB1296 it shows it as being signed by the speaker of the house and the president pro tem of the senate. Now a review by the attorney general (iirc), then it's on his desk.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Bill=>Enrolled Act=>chop by Speaker of the House=>chop by President of Senate=>Attorney General review=>Presented to Gov.
    Based on KF's summary, I think we're waiting on it to finished being reviewed by the Attorney General (whose office is a big pro on this bill, and the senate committee abused that opportunity to try to embarrass and attack his office).

Like, Timjoebillybob said, it seems like the House Speaker and Senate President have signed it: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2022/bills/house/1296

The 2A Project posted this link (It'll be listed as HEA 1296):
    https://www.in.gov/gov/newsroom/2022-bill-watch/

We can see when it hits the governor's desk and when he has to sign it by, too.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Based on KF's summary, I think we're waiting on it to finished being reviewed by the Attorney General (whose office is a big pro on this bill, and the senate committee abused that opportunity to try to embarrass and attack his office).

Like, Timjoebillybob said, it seems like the House Speaker and Senate President have signed it: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2022/bills/house/1296

The 2A Project posted this link (It'll be listed as HEA 1296):
    https://www.in.gov/gov/newsroom/2022-bill-watch/

We can see when it hits the governor's desk and when he has to sign it by, too.
    Thank you.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Thank you.
    Just to emphasize that not everyone on that committee attacked his office. Just the people who were so aggressive against the bill.

[Not directed at Gregr] I know there's a lot of "I'll never vote for an R again!" Being thrown around, but those who voted against the gutting ammendment and in favor of HB 1296 still deserve our support, IMO... even if others in the party turned against law abiding gun owners.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Was that successfully changed recently? I thought the entire reason Holcomb was allowed to rule this state like a damn dictator all through 2020 was that the legislature was prohibited from calling their own special sessions.
    I believe you are correct here because I just saw where GOP lawmakers are asking Governor Holcomb to call a special session if SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade this summer to change Indiana’s abortion laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom