• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    on that note, I'm sad trump didn't interrupt her when she said she likes our democracy. I yelled "we're a republic" and shot the screen with a nerf dart
    Well if you want to be pedantic with it we're a federal constitutional representative democratic republic. ;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Comedy, trust me, I enjoy laughter and silliness. When trump won the nomination I said support him then the day after election begin to hard push to make a Conservative party or take over Republican Party with conservatives. Hillary and Obama want to fundamentally change this country. Trump does not. Let a placeholder like trump take the reins until we get a conservative small government guy as the republican nominee.

15% corporate tax rate? Awesome. Let's do it. Cut taxes? Yes please. Less regulation? Yes please.

I think you're jus trying hard to be pedantic and pissed off at the world. Obviously this is a scene from the documentary "Idiocracy" that has been edited with new subtitles showing the current situation. IT's called comedy. You should look into it a little. Might help your demeanor a bit.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm pretty sure we should have an INGO debate watch party at some point. I'm betting it would be unbelievably entertaining.

I'm sad trump didn't interrupt her when she said she likes our democracy. I yelled "we're a republic" and shot the screen with a nerf dart

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    For those who say it doesn't matter if they vote third party in Indiana as Trump will win anyway; how do they reconcile that with Obama's win in '08? Seems to me that Dems can and do win here.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For those who say it doesn't matter if they vote third party in Indiana as Trump will win anyway; how do they reconcile that with Obama's win in '08? Seems to me that Dems can and do win here.

That was truly an outlier. HRC + 3rd pty votes will be less than what Trump gets.

Dems can win; HRC cannot.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well if you want to be pedantic with it we're a federal constitutional representative democratic republic.

Call me crazy but it seems like if you want to be president you should be able to correctly state our form of government. Democrats love a democracy. we are more of a democracy now than when founded. When we started electing senators that destroyed state's rights and set the stage to massively expand the federal system. Let's go back to more of a republic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm pretty sure we should have an INGO debate watch party at some point. I'm betting it would be unbelievably entertaining.

I'm betting Bobzilla or Expat will be the first to kick the TV, throw it out the window, and break it. I suggest, opening a fund to buy a TV specifically for that reason.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I like the idea of shooting Nerf darts at the TV. I may do that next time, too.

My son has a couple of the full auto versions. Those rock.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stop it with your logic! :nono:

My issue is with people who because of their dislike for trump they ignore what Hillary will do and vote for the unicorn with a false hope that it will lead to something in 2020. I would have much preferred Cruz as the republican nominee. I would love a Conservative party or a true tea party branch of Republican Party. Making a run at a true third party would guarantee democrats win forever, because their voters will vote Democrat no matter how bad things get or who the nominee is.

I guess it's not that I dislike Trump. I mean. I don't hate him. But I can't stand Hillary. I can't stand the Clintons, and not just for their politics--they're closer to the center than BHO. I have to admit that I was rooting for Trump, and I was disappointed that he missed many opportunities to bury Hillary with her own dishonesty.

I am afraid of Trump. You talk about true conservative, and Tea Party, I think a Trump presidency would be damaging to conservatism in the GOP. Trump is not a conservative. I'm still not sure that his list-o-justices isn't just the product of asking his team to compile a wet-dream list of conservative justices to pander to the people whose primary reason to vote is SCOTUS picks. So that angle doesn't push me past my apprehension about Trump.

As for my vote, I've decided it's going probably going to be a game-day decision. I can see a possibility of one of three: Write in Al Bundy, vote for Trump, or vote for Johnson. The latter two are the most excruciating outcomes I can think of.

The same could be said for Republicans. The only people that matter, are those who listen and don't blindly vote one party. When people tell me they've never voted for a (insert party), I know how politically ignorant they are.

Wait. Did you really just say "partisan" lives don't matter? :facepalm:

What then are you saying about 90% of inner city? How many of them would tell you that they've ever voted for a Republican? People get to be partisan and sometimes they are that way for superficial or ignorant reasons. They get to be blindly partisan. I would agree that they tend to be politically ignorant. But I wouldn't say they don't matter. And that should be especially true for the Republican Party. Republicans shouldn't say those partisan, politically ignorant Democrats don't matter. If Republicans want to expand their tent, those politically ignorant democrats need to start mattering more to them. Republicans need to make the case for why 50 years of progressively more democratic policies have left those politically ignorant people progressively poorer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Call me crazy but it seems like if you want to be president you should be able to correctly state our form of government. Democrats love a democracy. we are more of a democracy now than when founded. When we started electing senators that destroyed state's rights and set the stage to massively expand the federal system. Let's go back to more of a republic.

Term limits, eliminate the income tax, shut the doors on the fed, limit the amount of federal agencies to a standard number (not to be exceeded), and fund some of them in a round robin budget, as needed. Only permanent agencies Dept of Defense, interior, treasury, justice, state, and transportation (others call fall under those umbrellas).

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    This entire campaign has been way too calculated to benefit Clinton to be an accident.

I don't get how a "calculated" campaign results in a near-equal split of the votes. If it is a sham campaign, then they had FUNDAMENTAL misunderstandings/miscalculations of his potential supporters. Could it be that his campaign NEVER imagined his supporters would be as racist, homophobic and xenophobic as they really are? Every time he doubles down on the derp, it seems to bolster his campaign...

Even the simplest of idiots with the simplest of advisers wouldn't have allowed the suicidal decisions he's made in the previous months.

You forget; Trump calls the shots. His campaign, his decisions.

BTW, I do think it was a "calculated" campaign, just not the one you're imagining. Trump still had "Celebrity Apprentice" on the air when he first announced, and calculated that a campaign might be used to leverage more money out of the network. Except his plan back-fired. So, he changed plans, and is now siphoning off as much money from the campaign into his own businesses as he can. If he loses the race, he's made a profit at the expense of the proles funding the campaign. If he wins the race, he's President. Win/win.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait. Did you really just say "partisan" lives don't matter? :facepalm:

What then are you saying about 90% of inner city? How many of them would tell you that they've ever voted for a Republican? People get to be partisan and sometimes they are that way for superficial or ignorant reasons. They get to be blindly partisan. I would agree that they tend to be politically ignorant. But I wouldn't say they don't matter. And that should be especially true for the Republican Party. Republicans shouldn't say those partisan, politically ignorant Democrats don't matter. If Republicans want to expand their tent, those politically ignorant democrats need to start mattering more to them. Republicans need to make the case for why 50 years of progressively more democratic policies have left those politically ignorant people poorer.

ALL of them. When a party thinks it always has your vote locked up, there's no incentive for them to work to your interests.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Term limits, eliminate the income tax, shut the doors on the fed, limit the amount of federal agencies to a standard number (not to be exceeded), and fund some of them in a round robin budget, as needed. Only permanent agencies Dept of Defense, interior, treasury, justice, state, and transportation (others call fall under those umbrellas).

Who are you and what have you done with our friend? I think I can agree on every single one of these idears.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Excuse me while I stand up and give that a standing ovation.

Edit: woah, not only did I agree with him I was told I can't rep him again yet. :rofl:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm betting Bobzilla or Expat will be the first to kick the TV, throw it out the window, and break it. I suggest, opening a fund to buy a TV specifically for that reason.

Nope.... I'll be too drunk by then to even GET to the TV. Playing the drinking game would have me done with my low tolerance.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Kut won the internet today......

Top Bottom