• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Like I said.....I don't care between those two. They're both equally terrible in their own special kind of way. And a vote cast for Johnson is not wasted. If the Libertarian party gains enough votes and support to become a major player, they may get on the big stage next election cycle. So stop it with that "it's a wasted vote" BS. Have fun choosing between two liberals.

Then you're throwing your vote away. Might as well not vote.
    either Trump or Clinton WILL win! No one else can! Pick one!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How would a mediocre showing in this election change the stage next cycle for a third party? Debate attendance is based on poll results.

sorry, but voting third party is throwing your vote away.

ross Perot gave a strong showing and gave us Clinton, it did not build a third party. Please don't give us another Clinton with third party voting

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Denial_riverinegypt_zpsgabezpcr.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How would a mediocre showing in this election change the stage next cycle for a third party? Debate attendance is based on poll results.

ross Perot gave a strong showing and gave us Clinton, it did not build a third party. Please don't give us another Clinton with third party voting

Do you prefer that a person who wouldn't consider voting for a Democrat or Republican party candidate would vote for another candidate or not vote at all?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Paging T.Lex to the red courtesy phone

Paging T.Lex... please drop in and teach a few people what the Electoral College is

Is your point that it doesn't matter who we vote for because only electors truly cast a vote? Or are you saying Indiana third party voting is immaterial because trump is going to win it?

the concept holds true nationwide.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would never deny someone's right to throw their vote away. I just prefer for them to be honest enough to admit that's what they're doing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Stop it with your logic! :nono:

My issue is with people who because of their dislike for trump they ignore what Hillary will do and vote for the unicorn with a false hope that it will lead to something in 2020. I would have much preferred Cruz as the republican nominee. I would love a Conservative party or a true tea party branch of Republican Party. Making a run at a true third party would guarantee democrats win forever, because their voters will vote Democrat no matter how bad things get or who the nominee is.

Do you prefer that a person who wouldn't consider voting for a Democrat or Republican party candidate would vote for another candidate or not vote at all?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Again.....I'm pretty sure this meme fully sums up this argument.

so how many democrats are you going to get to become libertarians or whatver this mystical third party will be? Say you get 10% of them and 50% of the republicans. So now dems win 40-25-25.

They get all committee chairs, all senate seats, president.

how has this helped?

you fail to recognize that dems will vote dem until they die

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Again.....I'm pretty sure this meme fully sums up this argument.

I'd max rep you if I could. What I learned from the hearing: I'm not voting for Clinton, and I'm reeaallllly not voting for trump. I'd like to vote for Johnson, but damn, he needs to learn some things. Still, I might just vote for him to help future 3rd Party candidates. Damn near any other Republican... or Democrat would have gotten my vote over these two.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Falls into the "we can't let the other party win" category. Refer to meme again ;) Lots of people aren't happy with either candidate. Well.....there's another option. And if you don't vote against both and let them know you don't like the turds they're putting up for office, they're just going to keep doing it. And if everyone that said they didn't like HRC or Trump voted for Johnson, he'd win. There's lots wrong with him too, but he's a hell of a lot better than HRC or Trump.

so how many democrats are you going to get to become libertarians or whatver this mystical third party will be? Say you get 10% of them and 50% of the republicans. So now dems win 40-25-25.

how has this helped?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

how has this helped?

The same could be said for Republicans. The only people that matter, are those who listen and don't blindly vote one party. When people tell me they've never voted for a (insert party), I know how politically ignorant they are.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    After a majority of primary-voting Republicans picked Trump, as a conservative, I am in the marketplace of ideas for a 3rd party option.

The current 3rd party candidates aren't appealing, but I see more ability to improve there than in the major parties.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Here we go again.

There are some tenets of a particular party that certain people find totally unacceptable. It in no way makes them ignorant, politically or otherwise.

Top Bottom