• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    brotherbill: Does it mean that you could still be charged by a prosecutor with a felony, but that you can fight it with locked/out of sight as a defense? What I mean to say is: does it leave open the possibility of being convicted of a felony even if you use locked/out of sight as a defense? Or is it a guarantee that you cannot be convicted of a felony? Can they still take you to court over it? It seems kind of vague.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    brotherbill: Does it mean that you could still be charged by a prosecutor with a felony, but that you can fight it with locked/out of sight as a defense? What I mean to say is: does it leave open the possibility of being convicted of a felony even if you use locked/out of sight as a defense? Or is it a guarantee that you cannot be convicted of a felony? Can they still take you to court over it? It seems kind of vague.

1. IANAL ... so .... but is has the Stored Properly etc. in 1 section as an exemption to ... and then that stored (properly) is a defense from prosecution in the following section; which adds - the misdemeaner A for in plain sight - as it was in the house version

FatDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Calls and emails sent. Just wanted you guys to know you're not alone. There are more than just those posting on INGO writing and calling. I've been silently following this thread since Saturday when I got an email from my kid's school asking us to contact legislators to oppose this. I used their legislator list to contact them to support. I've also had several friends and family members call and email in support of SB229(amended version). Fingers crossed.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yes, this! ^^^

We need more people to take the 5 minutes and send an email to all the conferees, advisors, and the leader of the House and Senate. All the email addresses are up thread a few pages. This may be preachy, but if the right is important enough for you to be interested in the outcome if this, it's important enough for you to do your part and contact the legislators.

And if you already have, thank you. Please do it again!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Got this yesterday:
    MDA has very little credibility in the Statehouse. All emotion and no facts to back up their position. If we don't get it done, it will be because egos get in the way between House and Senate versions of the bill. I'm working on it!
    -Jerry Torr

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    E-mails sent, again. My Senator's office, Scott Schneider, replied within a few minutes confirming his support of this bill. My Rep. Ed Delaney, has never responded (of course) but I have spent extra time on his e-mails, trying to use logic over emotion. Guess I shouldn't expect much form a wanabe communist.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I realized my post isn't relevant to topic at hand and distracting from the purpose at hand.

Let's keep up the phone calls. Polite, informative and factual!!

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Thanks - LOL good for a laugh at lunch time. ... I read some of the others ... then my brain circuits started to fuse. so I quit before permanent damage set in.

Probably a good idea. You notice there weren't any statistics or facts to support that argument? I never write an email asking for support without including relevant facts. It is good to know that most of the legislators of our great state can see through emotional arguments and look for the facts.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    We need to get this one passed - if nothing else just to **** MDA/MAIG off! lol.

I get SO tired of them trying to use one emotional argument after another when none of them have ANY basis in FACT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom