• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This one? :) I was just going to grab it to send a couple more emails...updated with Broden...

Sen. Jim Tomes s49@iga.in.gov
    Sen. Richard Young s47@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Sean Eberhart h57@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Linda Lawson H1@iga.in.gov

Sen Broden s10@iga.in.gov
    Sen. Brandt Hershman s7@iga.in.gov
    Sen. Lindel Hume s47@iga.in.gov
    Sen. Brent Steele s44@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Jud McMillin H68@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Tom Dermody H20@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Alan Morrison H42@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Jerry Torr H39@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Terri Austin H36@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Ryan Dvorak H8@iga.in.gov
    Rep. Jim Lucas H69@iga.in.gov
    Bump.

Just sent them all emails.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Got this yesterday:

E-mails sent, again. My Senator's office, Scott Schneider, replied within a few minutes confirming his support of this bill.

In the 14 years I've lived in Indiana, I've never gotten a response from ANY legislator (state or federal) beyond generic form letters and signing me up to their e-mail newsletter (without my permission). This despite dozens of polite calls, e-mails, faxes, and snail mails to their offices. I'm interested to know how you manage to get personal responses.

The form letter is always the same: "I'm super-duper pro-gun. I went hunting once and I own an airsoft bb gun, so that proves it! But I still believe that we need to pass this gun control law." :rolleyes:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    In the 14 years I've lived in Indiana, I've never gotten a response from ANY legislator (state or federal) beyond generic form letters and signing me up to their e-mail newsletter (without my permission). This despite dozens of polite calls, e-mails, faxes, and snail mails to their offices. I'm interested to know how you manage to get personal responses.

The form letter is always the same: "I'm super-duper pro-gun. I went hunting once and I own an airsoft bb gun, so that proves it! But I still believe that we need to pass this gun control law." :rolleyes:

I think you just get lucky sometimes. I address the legislators specifically and ask them questions. I challenge their opinions and that usually gets a response:D. Oh and I essentially write essays with relevant facts and cite the sources in a bibliography section when I am feeling extra motivation.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Just emailed with Terri Austin back and forth a few times today. She says she still hasn't seen the final draft of the bill so hasn't made up her mind. Asked her to please continue to think about it in terms of facts and not emotions.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd say close to 50% of the responses I get from my Indiana legislators are personal. I've only received 1 personal reply ever from my Federal legislators.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Lawson being replaced by Rep. Mayfield for SB 229 conference committee. Guess she would not sign off on it. House in recess until 4:30.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd say no; but who knows. Since she was the recalcitrant one and language was being crafted to get her sign off, I'd say we're back to the original amended Bill.

I sent another email to the President Pro Tem.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Interesting to see people back out(or kicked out?)who won't sign onto it and bring more friendly people in. Wonder if its a 'saving face' for her to bow out(unless she was kicked out)...politics. Some play them well, some don't.

Thank goodness for sent mail files. I could just go and cut/paste! Wow....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom