• Status
    Not open for further replies.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just mail bombed them all with one email. :( I know its not preferred but I don't have time to do anything else this morning. It was also a very short, concise email rather than the books I've sent the last few days.

I generally avoid that too; but I wrote one e-mail to all of the committee - my legislators - and the leadership on both remaining SB's ... 169 (which is stalled as well it seems) and SB 229 ...

I wanted to hit them all 1 more time. 1 more point. Helped wife get her's out too. Made sure to point out she's supports it as a MOM and GRANDMA too. :)

later.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Asipes-I see no mention of 229 on any agenda for today. I watched the senate webcast this am until the 1st recess and I heard no mention of 229.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    They did mention 13 bills that the rules committee is going to review and will be brought up when senate comes back in session.

Maybe 229 is one of them?

Mark

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    NO Idea; the calendar is often updated as it goes, from what I've seen.
    I'm surprised - SB 169 still has not returned either - this seemed like a slam dunk

Hey - as they say it isn't over until "the large-framed, weight-challenged person of female persausion vocalizes in musical form"

... so keep writing and calling if you haven't (lately or at all) ...

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Both are now at recess.

AR-121019989.jpg&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

In all seriousness though... when is the absolute "drop dead" time for this bill? End-of-day today? Tomorrow?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Both are now at recess.

AR-121019989.jpg&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

In all seriousness though... when is the absolute "drop dead" time for this bill? End-of-day today? Tomorrow?

Drop DEAD is Actually FRIDAY - but that is ONLY if they EXTEND the Schedule until then - shedule is supposed to end tomorrow.
    so it really needs to get done "Now" - BUT we also may not know what the committee agrees to until it is "Voted On" ...

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Ok, just want to know where the holdup is on 229. If someone can let me know where this proposed bill is hiding ( house or senate) I will make a phone call and try to find out what the holdup is. I just need to know who is in control of this bill as of now.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Ok, just want to know where the holdup is on 229. If someone can let me know where this proposed bill is hiding ( house or senate) I will make a phone call and try to find out what the holdup is. I just need to know who is in control of this bill as of now.

Seems to be the best question asked yet.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Just telephoned Matt Doerr, senate aid to senator waterman who was added as co-sponsor of sb229. Left a voice mail basically repeating what I posted. Told him I was in full support and please return my call to update me. I have a vested interest in this bill being passed.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    thanks for the heads up. BoR or BrotherBill, do either of you have any insights on whether SB229 will be heard today in either chamber?

1. No idea on my end.

B. It is in conference committee. Senator Tomes is the Chairman -
    but if they cannot get all 4 conferees to agree and sign off - it is D.E.A.D. Dead. ...

Conferees are Sen Tomes S49, Sen. Broden S10, Rep. Eberhart H57 and Rep Lawson H1 ... the hold out, IMO, is LIKELY Lawson.
    But Broden could be - he is "unknown" to me. Lawson opened her mouth, so I see her POV ... and it is full of MdA holes.

Seems to be the best question asked yet.

Agree it is. I don't like back alley back room deals;
    BUT we have ALL good SOLID pro-2A repbulicans working for us.
    Best Advise - Keep Calling / Sending E-mails - FACTUAL, POLITE, FIRM - stating your support.
    Get your spouse, friends, neighbors, gun-buddies to e-mail or call in their support.
    If you've got LEO buddies - write in - ESPECIALLY to Lawson (She is former LEO).

This and likely will be the last Bill of 2014 to pass. ... and it WOULD pass; but for the 1 or 2 members of the Committee.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Pretty much what BB3 said. It's in Conference committee, and the conferees have to all sign off on it to make it happen.
    If I was guessing, with the effective deadline being tomorrow, it will probably be heard this evening and voted then. I'm basing that primarily on how many of us have heard from Senators and Representatives that they want this to pass.
    It could still go the other way. One or two legislators could stall the whole thing and kill it, which we hear all the time as being the case in the fed Senate with the filibuster. If that happens, we'll get after it again next year. If it goes as I'm guessing it will this year... we'll improve it next year. I can see some folks going after the end of legally mandated, state level GFZs, unlicensed OC, SBSs, or even Constitutional Carry.

1. No idea on my end.

B. It is in conference committee. Senator Tomes is the Chairman -
    but if they cannot get all 4 conferees to agree and sign off - it is D.E.A.D. Dead. ...

Conferees are Sen Tomes S49, Sen. Broden S10, Rep. Eberhart H57 and Rep Lawson H1 ... the hold out, IMO, is LIKELY Lawson.
    But Broden could be - he is "unknown" to me. Lawson opened her mouth, so I see her POV ... and it is full of MdA holes.

Agree it is. I don't like back alley back room deals;
    BUT we have ALL good SOLID pro-2A repbulicans working for us.
    Best Advise - Keep Calling / Sending E-mails - FACTUAL, POLITE, FIRM - stating your support.
    Get your spouse, friends, neighbors, gun-buddies to e-mail or call in their support.
    If you've got LEO buddies - write in - ESPECIALLY to Lawson (She is former LEO).

This and likely will be the last Bill of 2014 to pass. ... and it WOULD pass; but for the 1 or 2 members of the Committee.

Here's the thing, ladies and gents.... How we look at the result of this is all a matter of choices. We can look at a result other than we want as a defeat or we can look at it as something to strengthen our resolve. We can look at a win that goes 100% our way as a victory (from which we sit back and rest on our laurels) or as a momentum generator to keep that ball rolling.

Remember, this is an election year. We have the ability, if we have enough people to do it in each area, to completely clear the House and to remove half of the Senate. If you like how your Rep and Senator vote, let them know, vote for them again, and if you can, contribute to their reelection campaign. If you don't, let them know that, too, and work your tail off to boot their happy a**es to the curb.

How would it be, next year, to not have to worry about a Lawson or a Wyss? What would it feel like to see one or both bodies populated completely by those who understand, honor, and respect the oath they took?

Keep contacting... that vote, if/when it comes, will need our majority.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom