• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, you can pretty much count on there being a school field trip there just about any weekday and some Saturday's. Enough that you might as well just consider the place a GF school zone EVERY day of the week. :dunno:

No there is a school (daycare) inside now or as of a year or two ago so it is always a victim zone.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, as BB3 announced a couple of days ago, the Senate conferees and advisors have been named. The House now needs to name theirs.

The Senate conferees and advisors are:

Sen. Tomes (R) Conferee
    Sen. R. Young (D) Conferee
    Sen. Hershman (R) Advisor
    Sen. Hume (D) (Advisor)
    Sen. Steele (R) (Advisor)

Now, to be clear here... All of the above are good choices. If I were to choose the least 2A-friendly, I'd have to say it was Sen. R. Young... and he is "A " rated by NRA. So far, I see some very good possibilities. It will depend a lot on who is named from the House, however, if I was guessing, I'd guess Rep. Sean Eberhart as the (R) member, with possibly Rep. Lucas as an advisor. I'm not sure which (D) Reps would be good choices.... possibly Rep. Macer as conferee. Advisor? Who knows?

Please do note that at this writing, only the Senate conference committee members and advisors have been named.

Anyone named in this post who is not a Senator is pure conjecture on my part... in other words, "I'm guessing."

Blessings,
    Bill

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Ok, the bill is going to these conference committees in the senate and house. 2 questions. Should we continue to contact these members of the two committees and if so, what point or points should we be addressing in our correspondence to them. I am being simplistic here but I don't think a note to these members saying that I like this bill and please pass it would mean very much. Please advise.

This post is in reference to sb229.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Poppy - you do want to advise them; I'd say to support the house amended version of SB 229. in particular stress the importance of Rep. Lucas' Amendments added to SB 229 in the house as protections for Law Abiding Citizens. As to when - yesterday, today tomorrow ... (I.e. NOW and keep at it)

The committee can meet with an hours notice by what I read; and the ENTIRE session Ends March 14th (so 9 days) - they only work today and 4 next week. ...

Also for those following the other bill SB 169 is in conference committee today at 11:30 ... I plan to listen.

For those on Facebook / who've liked & followed IMAGC ... I'm writing up the whole works for this morning - please look for it all and like and share when you see it. MdA will be spreading their mis-information to the masses. - let's 'outspread' them.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I just let all the all committee members and my Senator know I support SB229 in its amended form, with its protections for Law Abiding Citizens. Have you?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I have as well. I hope Sen. Hume (from my district) supports this bill in its current form. However, from emails I have received from him on HB1048, I do not think he will. What a shame.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have as well. I hope Sen. Hume (from my district) supports this bill in its current form. However, from emails I have received from him on HB1048, I do not think he will. What a shame.

That would be unusual. Sen. Hume supports the 2A as much as it is opposed by Sen. Wyss... which is to say, completely.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    That would be unusual. Sen. Hume supports the 2A as much as it is opposed by Sen. Wyss... which is to say, completely.

He (or whoever wrote it) didn't specify in the email what they opposed in HB1048, just that in its current form, at that time, it would need to be changed. I have written him numerous times, and that was the only email I received with a negative attitude towards pro-gun legislation. We will see what the future holds.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Guns + Schools = Emotions & Editorials. It is time for me to send another round of emails.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Guns + Schools = Emotions & Editorials. It is time for me to send another round of emails.

I sure wish I could have a conversation with Reps Austin, Lawson, and Smith. I have written them several times and have not received a reply. Can't fight facts with emotions I guess....

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just before Adjouning the Speaker read off the names of the House Conference members and advisors for SB 229
    Members:
    R- Eberhart (good good)
    D- LAWSON - (*&*&^^%$% whut?) yeah. You NWI guys and as she is former LEO in Hammond - need to push her to get her to see straight

The R' Advisors were read to fast and aren't posted yet. - but they were all good. Torr is the only name I caught

The D' advisors were also read fast ... I caught Austin - about as bad on this as lawson - she's a former teacher ... (any teachers wanna get on her case?)

back for more later. - get letters written - the committee will likely meet Monday or Tuesday.
    They only need 1 hour notice per the rules I read ...

Oh - the video / audio was cut on the other bill, I couldn't listen ... no idea the outcome yet. maybe tonight.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Anyone got a complete final list of all conferees and advisors for this bill, Senate and House? I'd like to dash off an email to all of them and follow up with calls.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Here is the list guys. Please contact them all individually, and especially put pressure on Lawson and Austin, even though they will probably not be swayed. Try to convince them to use facts, and not emotions, to make their decisions!

Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

Spot on. Especially the bold. I didn't get to finish off all of the notes on all of the discussions - and what Lawson has said:
    but the "QUICK" summary answer is - she was quoting straight of the MAIG/MdA info - 44 school shootings since SHES in 12/2012, read list.
    quoted a 5 y.o. w/ a gun at a school (how is that relevant to a LTCH Ok'd parent locking gun in a car?) She included Purdue murder in the list.

Lawson is a former LEO - so that's a reason for LEO's to push back hard. ...

now anyone know anything about Dvorak House Dist. 8? ...

oh and speaker Bosma called the "R" team a "six shooter" ... LOL -
    he actually seems to have a decent sense of humor about himself and his role/importance.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Brain is too tired to be coherent tonight. If someone has a sample letter to PM me (can't find one in the thread), I would be very grateful. I know this needs to be logical and my brain is not cooperating right now.

Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom