Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I didn't mean you BOR when I said googly eyed Ect. I was just speaking in general terms from observing some folks that I've seen meet an elected official. I have nothing but respect for you BOR. And I have respect for the handful of public servants that deserve it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I agree. Just make sure you (not just you, but everyone) proofread (or have someone else) it before you send it. Nothing worse than seeing someone with a good point not be able to explain themself through broken sentences and words.

Like a boss of mine used to say after he'd written an e-mail or letter about something he was particularly torqued about, "Take a look at this and edit it for Head, Wad, and Weed words."

They may not be broken sentences per se but they certainly break the message.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK... Guys, the fight is apparently not over. There is a second chance to make a difference, at least with the language of HB 1048. The bill itself is dead, and there's nothing that can be done about that, however, some of the language might be seen again.

I just got in from work and read my PMs. I have one from my contact in Indy, who tells me that we have an ally in Rep. Jud McMillin, who has taken this battle and made it his own as well as that of Rep. Lucas (by which I mean that they are fighting for it to pass, side by side.) I don't have any details to give, but if you didn't write before and wish you had, you have a chance to redeem yourself. If you did write (or call) before, you can still do so and hopefully get the good language of HB 1048 through this year.

Guys, this is not a chance that happens often. Take it when it comes your way, grab on with both hands and don't let go till it has the Governor's signature on it.

Dear Representative __________________,

I was most disheartened to learn that HB 1048 did not receive a vote in committee, however I am told that some of the language from this excellent bill may still find its way to a committee hearing. As you will recall, HB 1048 ended the prohibition on law-abiding, peaceable citizens who go armed having their firearms in their locked vehicles at "school" buildings. It also eliminated the "roaming school zone", both areas of the law that threaten to make criminals, felons at that, of citizens who have no wish or intent to do anything other than not be a victim of a criminal.
    I ask that when this is brought to a committee on which you serve, or when it is brought to the full House, that you vote to pass this language and protect good citizens from being victimized by the very law that is supposed to be protecting them.

Most sincerely, and with thanks,

(signed)

That's my version of it. As usual, please don't copy it verbatim, but add your own thoughts in the same spirit; your own "thumbprint", as it were.

And, since some were reluctant to post it publicly before, just drop me a PM when you send yours. I promise on my honor that I will not divulge any names without permission. I just want a count as to how many letters are going from here to the Capitol.

Thanks, all.

Blessings,
    Bill

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    OK... Guys, the fight is apparently not over. There is a second chance to make a difference, at least with the language of HB 1048. The bill itself is dead, and there's nothing that can be done about that, however, some of the language might be seen again.

I just got in from work and read my PMs. I have one from my contact in Indy, who tells me that we have an ally in Rep. Jud McMillin, who has taken this battle and made it his own as well as that of Rep. Lucas (by which I mean that they are fighting for it to pass, side by side.) I don't have any details to give, but if you didn't write before and wish you had, you have a chance to redeem yourself. If you did write (or call) before, you can still do so and hopefully get the good language of HB 1048 through this year.

Guys, this is not a chance that happens often. Take it when it comes your way, grab on with both hands and don't let go till it has the Governor's signature on it.

That's my version of it. As usual, please don't copy it verbatim, but add your own thoughts in the same spirit; your own "thumbprint", as it were.

And, since some were reluctant to post it publicly before, just drop me a PM when you send yours. I promise on my honor that I will not divulge any names without permission. I just want a count as to how many letters are going from here to the Capitol.

Thanks, all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Emails Sent.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You can count on me bor! Can you please post a list of the specific reps we need to contact for this? Hell I'll contact all of them if I need to. Thanks!

Everybody should, AT THE VERY LEAST, contact their own Representative to encourage support of this. The language has to find a home first and then it will go to whatever committee will be hearing that particular host bill. Hopefully, it will pass out of that committee and then it goes to the House floor for a floor vote and THERE is where it will require the support of as many representatives as possible.
    Don't forget to contact the Governor, if he gets enough pressure, he might throw his full weight behind it in search of a popular headline! :patriot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who needs to receive the Email's this time? I'm new to this. Drop me a link, ill send the Emails first thing in the morning

Start here to determine the contact information of your representative:

Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

That would be a start. Until we know what committee and what Bill this would be attached to, you'd be guessing I'm guessing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Thanks, all.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Bill,
    Is it too late to get this language added into any of the Senate bills? I'm wondering if contacting our senators would be a viable alternative.

ETA: Just in case, I went ahead and contacted my senator (Steele).

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    There is an article in today's Indy Star mentioning the now-dead bill. An article about how the state legislatures waste time on bills like this or the gay marriage ban instead of jobs and economic legislation. Also about how they are only in session for a handful of days out of the year.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    THAT's what I'm talking about! 12 hours including a Sunday morning and I have 7 answers already? Great job, guys!

In answer, as John Galt said, at a bare minimum, contact your own Rep and Senator. If you want to contact all of them, I certainly won't discourage that, but that is a lot of work to make a personalized email to 151 people (100 Reps, 50 Senators, 1 Governor)

We don't know a bill number yet, so obviously, we don't know what committee, but yeah, if I was guessing, I'd think GFGT hit the nail on the head... if I was trying to get something through that I knew the IGA leadership wanted to see passed, at this point, a Senate bill, with it's author's permission, would probably be the vehicle I'd use.

Guys, while you're at it, if you want to point other INGOers to this thread, or even tell folks you know in your lives outside the computer to get them to write in favor, I want to see this pass, and in passing it, I want to have a success to point people back to: See? We did this before, and we can do it again. Let's think of this as preparation for the fight that will come next year or the year after when someone has the cojones to introduce full preemption, Constitutional Carry, and/or the removal of EVERY GFZ in this state that isn't federal, and someone else has the cojones to hear and vote for any or all of those. We're going to need to be organized, we're going to need to be vocal, and we're going to have to be exceedingly polite in doing so. This is a dress rehearsal for that.

Put another way, and those who've been to an Appleseed will recognize the phrasing....

SHOOTERS! Your preparation period begins NOW!!!

Blessings,
    Bill

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah maybe we can title it: FIRE MISSION indiana GUN RIGHTS!

something people can see. Also include a map for people to find who their reps and senators are and how to contact them. Maybe the house switchboard number.

a lot of people are lazy and simply won't do it unless they are fed with a spoon. If I have to feed them to get this passed I will. I'm just not as good with words and links and such as some others here.

id link the thread in my signature but since I'm not a site supporter I don't think I can ad links. Maybe others who are able can ad it to their sigs to draw attention.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Sean Eberhart is my Rep, here is my Email

Hello Mr. Eberhart, my name is "A 7.62 Exodus", I'm writing you today to bring attention to the possibility of a piece of excellent legislation making it to the house floor. A few weeks ago, the great bill of HB 1048 was not heard in a committee, and has since died. It has been brought to my attention however, that some language from that bill may make its may into another bill. As you will recall, HB 1048 ended the prohibition on law-abiding, peaceable citizens who go armed having their firearms in their locked vehicles at "school" buildings. It also eliminated the "roaming school zone", both areas of the law that threaten to make criminals, felons at that, of citizens who have no wish or intent to do anything other than not be a victim of a criminal.

Mr. Eberhart, while this language is not currently contained in any upcoming legislation, there is a good chance that it will in an upcoming proposal. I urge you, if this unnamed bill is to be brought to a vote, that you please vote in favor of its passing.

Thank you for your time Mr. Eberhart, and God bless you

A 7.62 Exodus

Email sent to my Senator as well

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm in. I had sent emails but I will follow up again on this item and possibly try phone contacts as well.

Thanks for the heads up. :yesway:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I sent some emails to mine. Even though he is a Democrat.... maybe if we can be heard enough, one or two will cross the isle, and that may be what it takes.

Any hope the Short Barrel Shotgun stuff could be struck down this year? There is a 14.5 inch 870 calling my name.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Does anyone know anything recent about the status of other gun/self defense related legislation such as HBs 1017 and 1018 and SBs 45 and 46? I have been trying to follow these but have not seen them come up in committee meetings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom