• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Thanks, and to all others who chimed in...
    Heavy Metal sounds fun! Though I don't have a 308 suitable for it.....
    Sounds like I might need a 930..... Is it any faster than running a Remington 1100? The only time I have done a shotgun match, it was an old 1100 and it was like taking a Model T to drag race a bunch of Hemi Cudas.....

I would just run the pump. Come to a few of the matches and get a feel for everything before you go and buy gear the you will eventually get rid of.

I bought an 1100 Tac4 a few years ago and added a few things to make it suitable for 3 gun. That thing was a $700 paddle if you ask me. Hated all the ammo I gave it, wouldnt cycle slugs consistently and was just overall bad.

I picked up my M2, threw some money at it, and I wish I would have done that first. Would have saved me a headache. Ill never own another remington. Im currently on the hunt for a SuperNova 24'' so I can set up a heavy metal trio.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I would just run the pump. Come to a few of the matches and get a feel for everything before you go and buy gear the you will eventually get rid of.

I bought an 1100 Tac4 a few years ago and added a few things to make it suitable for 3 gun. That thing was a $700 paddle if you ask me. Hated all the ammo I gave it, wouldnt cycle slugs consistently and was just overall bad.

I picked up my M2, threw some money at it, and I wish I would have done that first. Would have saved me a headache. Ill never own another remington. Im currently on the hunt for a SuperNova 24'' so I can set up a heavy metal trio.
    I got a super nova tactical to shoot heavy metal, great shotgun shoots as good as my M1 super 90.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks, and to all others who chimed in...
    Heavy Metal sounds fun! Though I don't have a 308 suitable for it.....
    Sounds like I might need a 930..... Is it any faster than running a Remington 1100? The only time I have done a shotgun match, it was an old 1100 and it was like taking a Model T to drag race a bunch of Hemi Cudas.....

Come out and shoot that .416 Rigby and I'll order you a plaque for HEAVIEST METAL!!:patriot:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Dude that would be a big ass cookie if you shot a 416 Rigby.

Count is close to this, havnt tallied it up in a few days

29 Tac Optics
    8 or 9 open - cant remember
    5 Tac Limited
    3 Heavy Metal Limited

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    What do you have against non black guns sir? Don't make me open my safe and tell my beretta you're camo racist.....

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Hey Matt, My parts are at the anodizer now. I hope to have them back next week. I had the receiver DuraCoated black & all the aluminum parts will be green, plus a few polished pieces. It should look a lot better than I can shoot it. I'll post some pics when i get it back together. RePete

Top Bottom