• ...and so much more!
  • RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    I know this is a long way away, but curious if the shoot off will be run like the 3 Gun Nation Series? Are you gonna supply identical rifles, shotguns & pistols? Plus ammo for the shoot off?

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know this is a long way away, but curious if the shoot off will be run like the 3 Gun Nation Series? Are you gonna supply identical rifles, shotguns & pistols? Plus ammo for the shoot off?

That's the hope anyway. I'd like to see the same guns being used by each competitor to keep things even for the shootoff.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    That's the hope anyway. I'd like to see the same guns being used by each competitor to keep things even for the shootoff.

Who owns those guns? It's going to be a lot different matchup if John Doe provides his own guns for the shootoff and John Doe is in the shootoff.

See what I mean? To be fair, they have to be guns no one competes with. And at this level, unless FN is swooping in to provide shootoff guns, I don't see that happening.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    For the 95% of us that will never shoot a 3 gun major...why?

Gets everything to a standard across the board.

Another thing, some people have asked why change things when it worked before. That's the point, it DIDN'T WORK. I've got more shooters registered for the Series than we had average at each match last year. I have my goals set very high on what INMG can become.

Granted, some people aren't going to like it and may even not come out, which is sad, but the future is bright, and the potential is HUGE.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Who owns those guns? It's going to be a lot different matchup if John Doe provides his own guns for the shootoff and John Doe is in the shootoff.

See what I mean? To be fair, they have to be guns no one competes with. And at this level, unless FN is swooping in to provide shootoff guns, I don't see that happening.

We have everything but the Shotguns lined up and those will be hashed out before the end of July.

The rifles will be identical 20in AR15's, pistols are 5in M&P 9mm and I'm working on a second shotgun. It's just like the shoot offs for 3gun Nation, not everyone shoots those guns, but not just FN shooters win, and if they do, its not a gear factor. Having been first hand, front and center to the Vegas finals, Tommy was blowing everyone out of the water with both the Stag 3gun Rifle and Scar 16s

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Gets everything to a standard across the board.

Another thing, some people have asked why change things when it worked before. That's the point, it DIDN'T WORK. I've got more shooters registered for the Series than we had average at each match last year. I have my goals set very high on what INMG can become.

Granted, some people aren't going to like it and may even not come out, which is sad, but the future is bright, and the potential is HUGE.

I agree with the last. If people don't want to have run to a shooting position, or use supplied guns at a shoot off, they can go back to club level matches. The Midwest,specifically Indiana, is really lacking in the 3 gun department.

If this is done correctly it has huge potential to become a big player with other major matches.

Make it as to the book as possible while staying shooter friendly, and I don't think it can fail.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    It's going to be a long, hard working road, but I'm willing to do it as long as I get the support I need with setup and RO's. The stages are going to be more in depth. Atlanta lacks distance, so I'm making up for it with detailed stages, lots of shooting, and smaller targets at the distance I can get.

Speaking of RO's, I need 3 RO's minimum for every match, myself will be one of the RO's for a total of 4. If you volunteer to RO at every match, I can let you shoot for $10 instead of $25(minimum of $10 from every shooter has to go to the range, otherwise I'd let you shoot free).

PM me or email me if you will RO. I will say this, you have to be one of our regular shooters to be able to RO. Gotta know the scoring and rules.

We are looking at doing a INMG RO class possibly

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I agree with the last. If people don't want to have run to a shooting position, or use supplied guns at a shoot off, they can go back to club level matches. The Midwest,specifically Indiana, is really lacking in the 3 gun department.

If this is done correctly it has huge potential to become a big player with other major matches.

Make it as to the book as possible while staying shooter friendly, and I don't think it can fail.

What am I missing? This is a club level match, right?

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    What kind of gear are people going to show up with? I have handguns from Glock all the way to an STI open race gun..... Rifle, from Sub2k 9mm to Arsenal AK (New toy) to AR15 platforms.... but all I have is a pump gun for 12 gauge.... am I going to get blown out of the water if I do NOT have a Benelli ?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    What kind of gear are people going to show up with? I have handguns from Glock all the way to an STI open race gun..... Rifle, from Sub2k 9mm to Arsenal AK (New toy) to AR15 platforms.... but all I have is a pump gun for 12 gauge.... am I going to get blown out of the water if I do NOT have a Benelli ?

Pretty much the only devision you would fit into with a pump shotgun is Heavy Metal.

Also, for the shotgun, there is no reason to dump the money for a Benelli, Jon and I are running Mossberg 930's :)

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Read this: http://www.indianamultigun.com/Media/INMG Rules.pdf

talks about different division and what fits each. if you use your STI race pistol, you will be shooting open. A pump can be used in Heavy metal or tac ops, but you'll be at a slight gear disadvantage in the latter of those as semi-autos are the bread and butter of that division. Rifle cannot be chamber in a pistol cartridge. AK is fine as is AR15. If you bring the AK, you may be the only one who does, thought :) ARs chamber is .223/5.56 are the rifle of choice.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    If you have a pump gun, a AR15 with a red dot(NON MAGNIFIED OPTIC), and a high capacity handgun, I'd shoot in Tac Limited vs Tac Optics.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Pretty much the only devision you would fit into with a pump shotgun is Heavy Metal.

Also, for the shotgun, there is no reason to dump the money for a Benelli, Jon and I are running Mossberg 930's :)

If I had the money I would have gone with a Benelli, but the 930 works, for now ;-)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

I'm certainly going to try....:D

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    What am I missing? This is a club level match, right?

Yeah. I worded that kind of goofy. what I was getting at it that this could be on track to be more than just a club level match. And that every step should be taken (like it currently is) to make this more than just a club matche(s). There are too many places that want to simplify things just to bring in people. Like having their own rules on divisions, capacity, etc.

Sorry for typos. Stupid phone.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Read this: http://www.indianamultigun.com/Media/INMG Rules.pdf

talks about different division and what fits each. if you use your STI race pistol, you will be shooting open. A pump can be used in Heavy metal or tac ops, but you'll be at a slight gear disadvantage in the latter of those as semi-autos are the bread and butter of that division. Rifle cannot be chamber in a pistol cartridge. AK is fine as is AR15. If you bring the AK, you may be the only one who does, thought :) ARs chamber is .223/5.56 are the rifle of choice.
    Thanks, and to all others who chimed in...
    Heavy Metal sounds fun! Though I don't have a 308 suitable for it.....
    Sounds like I might need a 930..... Is it any faster than running a Remington 1100? The only time I have done a shotgun match, it was an old 1100 and it was like taking a Model T to drag race a bunch of Hemi Cudas.....

Top Bottom