banner-1.jpg

Last edited:

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Ok, so maybe I'm agetting ahead of myself, but what kind of ranges are we talking about rifle wise? I looked at the Wildcat range info and they have a 300 yd range. What about Atlanta? I didn't think center fire rifle was allowed there. At any rate, I'll need someplace around Indy to re-zero my AR for tac-optics. Where can I go do that. Moved here late last summer and am still figuring this kind of stuff out.
    Thanks!!:rockwoot:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ACC are going to be short range matches with small targets. Max of 30-40 yards. Wildcat has one bay that can get to 40-50, one with at least 100 and another that can reach out to 300.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    What Corey said. The biggest bay at Atlanta is 40 yards, I MAY, and I use the word MAY very very lightly, be able to get 50. Plan of 40.

Wildcat has a 75 yard, 100 yard, a couple 50 yard, and a 350 yard bay.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    If I can get 50 yards there might be some in the future, but 50y is pushing the limit. Usually 75y is the closest u wanna go.

Bring it up with ACC that you want rifle bays, I've given up.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's always nice to have some heavy 6's in the bag. I've been to matches where an open choked gun and 7 1/2's wouldn't take down a specific piece of steel.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    JWF,

So what max. yardage do you see us shooting at Wildcat? As it will make a difference in what rifle I practice with and bring to the match.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    While I can't personally speak for John I'd put a significant wager on shooting 300+ at wildcat. Maybe not for the first match in April and maybe not every match, but the long bay will come into play.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks for the input. If shooting at that distance... going to have to use a different rifle than used at ACC. Will wait to see what John has to say.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    JWF,

So what max. yardage do you see us shooting at Wildcat? As it will make a difference in what rifle I practice with and bring to the match.

Not Jon, but they always use the long range bay. At least at the 200 yd mark and sometimes at 300 yd line. Also plan on using the bay that gets out to about 100.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Wildcat will most likely be using the 300 yard bay every match, expect a lot more running over longer distances on those stages. The only time I'm guessing the 100 yard bay probably won't be used is the Oct 14 finale match, as it will be setup prior for the shoot off.

We may combine the Barricade bay with the plate rack bay to make it into one stage, rifle on barricade, ground rifle, run around the berm, and shotgun/pistol. But that's not a certain thing.

There will probably 4-5 stages at every match. Some weekends that may be a LONG day depending on the number of shooters.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks for the info. John. One more question, as I don't remember the ruling. Do we have to use the same rifle for the entire match, or can we use a set-up for short-range, then one for long range?

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Shotgun wise, we changed the rule, but I can't remember for the life of me the exact wording. Basically we are allowing 7.5's and 8's only. No more heavy stuff, this jut reflects what a lot of the majors have been doing or are going to be doing....

Now if only I could get Ryan to get the IndianaMultigun.com website updated....... lol

Also, we now have a Facebook page INMG Facebook - That and the google group ( INMG Google Group Email List ) is where I will be posting match related info.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom