• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Just a reminder, especially for those who used to run a Pistol Caliber Carbine at ACC -

- we are no longer allowing pistol caliber carbines. Rifles must be chambered in a RIFLE CALIBER of 5.45x39 or larger.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Got the stages drawn up for the first match. 4 stages, and your gonna do ALOT of shooting in those stages, but it's gonna be FAST.

The Newbolds are making a return, and there are gonna be 4 of them, at about 40-50yards(I can get that with the stage layout on Bay 8).

Round count by stage(this number is if you don't miss any targets and put 2 on each paper).

Stage 1(bay 5) - 36 Rifle
    Stage 2 (bay 6) - 20 Pistol 20 Shotgun
    Stage 3(bay 7) - 14 Shotgun, 3 slugs, 24 Pistol
    Stage 4(bay 8) - 20 Rifle, 11 Shotgun, 16 Pistol

To make up for Atlanta's extreme lack of distance, I have made up for it by having a high round count, that runs very fast with lots of movement and positional shooting(prone, barricade use).

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Got the stages drawn up for the first match. 4 stages, and your gonna do ALOT of shooting in those stages, but it's gonna be FAST.

The Newbolds are making a return, and there are gonna be 4 of them, at about 40-50yards(I can get that with the stage layout on Bay 8).

Round count by stage(this number is if you don't miss any targets and put 2 on each paper).

Stage 1(bay 5) - 36 Rifle
    Stage 2 (bay 6) - 20 Pistol 20 Shotgun
    Stage 3(bay 7) - 14 Shotgun, 3 slugs, 24 Pistol
    Stage 4(bay 8) - 20 Rifle, 11 Shotgun, 16 Pistol

To make up for Atlanta's extreme lack of distance, I have made up for it by having a high round count, that runs very fast with lots of movement and positional shooting(prone, barricade use).

Good lord I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    "The Newbolds are making a return, and there are gonna be 4 of them........"

OK........what's a Newbold?? Only shot one multigun match so far and didn't hear/see anything described like that. Any pics?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's a small self sealing target. It's about what, 1 1/2" in diameter? Better make sure where your sights are at 30-40 yds.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    We have 20 shooters in Tac Optics, 5 in Open.

Those divisions have enough shooters to be recognized for the Points Series and for a High Overall Division winner.

Limited has 3 and HMO has 2. Standard Heavy Metal has 0.

You can still be included in the regular matches, but all divisions with out the required 4 minimum shooters will be rolled over to Open for the points series itself and for the HOA.

Get out there and get more shooters involved. The more shooters we have the more potential for sponsors we can get.
    Why open heavy metal optics is using a pump shotgun and .45 with no optics. It would seem more fair if that is the right word to use to put them in Tac Optics. Just a thought.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    We are changing it from requiring 4 shooters to recognize a division, it's now 2. That means every divisio. EXCEPT Heavy Metal Optics is good to go. If your the 1 guy who sent in a HMO entry, either get another shooter or I'll move you to Heavy Metal Limited, and you won't be allow a magnified optic. HEAVY METAL LIMITED is allowed 1 non magnified(red dot) on the rifle.

We have as of 2-9-2012

24 Tac Optics
    6 Open
    3 Tac Limited
    2 Heavy Metal Limited
    1 Heavy Metal Optics

We specifically re-wrote the rules to add in HMO because there was mentioned in an earlier thread about the series that someone could "think of at least 5 or 6 other shooters" who want to shoot Heavy Metal Optics.

Ryan is working on gettinthe updated rules and the website updated, but we will have more info on how exactly the series points will work. The basics are as follows, The high overall shooter of each qualifying division is guaranteed a spot in the shoot off of the series. The remaining 11 or 12 spots will be filled in by percentage of entries. Since Tac Optics will have the most shooters, with Open being next, and the others possibly only having their divisions HOA shooter in the shoot off.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I will think it over this weekend. I got all that money invested in my M1A and new pump shotgun I just didn't want it to go to waste. And my friends that said they would shoot are backing out. Typical excuse being " I will suck at it."

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I will think it over this weekend. I got all that money invested in my M1A and new pump shotgun I just didn't want it to go to waste. And my friends that said they would shoot are backing out. Typical excuse being " I will suck at it."

Tell your friends that the best shooter there will have had a first match sometime.

Ya gotta start where you are and improve from there.

If that doesn't work tell them it's just about as much fun as you can have with a gun in your hand.

Top Bottom