2011NFADay: Hardware & Ammo Thread (revised)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    will it work

Clay,
    I asked this on the AKforum and was told that it will not feed in the 1919 they use links only! I am taking mine back to the shop and trading in on the Radaway he had.

I sure hope so because I asked about it earlier in this thread and the owner of the 1919 said it was fine, so I bought 250 rounds of it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Man, I'd love to shoot the 5.7x28... But I already went WAY way over budget buying ammo for the other stuff. I will have some 9mm (both 115 and 147gr) to trade, however, in the event that anyone wants to trade some...

-J-

Oh man, the P*90s are number 1 on my "wish list". Probably cant afford ammo either, but maybe I can hold it and drool :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Clay,
    I asked this on the AKforum and was told that it will not feed in the 1919 they use links only! I am taking mine back to the shop and trading in on the Radaway he had.

oh, Im pretty sure the belt wont work, but the ammo will work find. The guy with the 1919 said he has links and a loader so you can "roll your own" belts.

I delinked 125 rounds in about 5 minutes the other night. Super easy. Find a good flat board (I used an old press board shelf I had in the garage), flip the belt so the bullets are facing down, and push the round (bullet first) into the board, holding onto the belt. It pushes the rounds out easily. I could do 2 at a time, but I usually did 1 at a time until I had 5 out, then threw then in a pile, and did the next five. Got pretty good at it.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I may have extra slugs, buck and 357 to share. Not a lot of sluds and buck, but will share what I have. I have a lot of 357. I will through in extra.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I just counted around 2000 rounds that I am going to bring. I really hope the zombies don't come for at least a month after this ammo dump! gonna be fun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just counted around 2000 rounds that I am going to bring.

From 2010:

Our_shoots.jpg

And that was just from 1 of the days. ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It is a loss brass event. (Or lost brass?:n00b:...either way, as I understand it, it has been said you leave it.)

Yep. NFA Day is a lost brass event. There will be a brass call at the end of each day where we will ask participants to help pick up the brass and put it into buckets. Those are then turned over to lovemywoods, who sorts, recovers, cleans, and later sells some to help recoup some of his expenses.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yep. NFA Day is a lost brass event. There will be a brass call at the end of each day where we will ask participants to help pick up the brass and put it into buckets. Those are then turned over to lovemywoods, who sorts, recovers, cleans, and later sells some to help recoup some of his expenses.

Just as long as it doesn't go back to the vendor to resell again and try to make profit.... those capitalist pigs ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just think of it as turning your brass into 45lbs. of pulled pork and 25lbs. of smoked chicken. ;)

I actually have a picture of this happening two years ago:

fuxopj.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom